Chapter 18: Claiming What's Hers

A month later...

Katerina woke up the next morning. She laid on the bed she didn't have the energy to get up. When she thought about the previous days events she started to cry again. It hurt so much that Marcus would dismiss her so easily. She then felt a hand on her shoulder. She knew it was Caius. She grabbed his hand and held it as she cried more. She couldn't take the pain in her chest. It hurt so much all she wanted to do was to curl up in a ball and disappear. She rolled over and curled into Caius chest. Caius rubbed her back softly. I don't want to see him today. She said okay you don't have to I will tell him your not feeling well. Caius replied will you be okay alone while I get some breakfast for you? He asked she nodded her head okay I will be back as soon as I can. He replied as he kissed her forehead. He left to get her breakfast. He stopped by Marcus study. He knocked before he went in. It's open. Marcus replied from inside. Caius walked in he saw Cleo in a chair looking at her nails. What do you need brother. Marcus asked I just came by to tell you that Katerina will not be joining you for lessons for a while. I will continue her teaching while you are occupied by guests. He said with an edge to his voice. Marcus glared back at him Cleo can you excuse me and Caius for a few minutes we need to discuss some private matters. Marcus said. Sure Marc she replied she kissed his cheek then left. Caius waited till they couldn't hear Cleopatra's steps couldn't be heard. I can't believe you Marcus how can you have that tramps claws all over you while your mate is just two doors down! You want to know what I did all last night I was comforting our heartbroken mate while you were busy entertaining your guest! Caius yelled at him Don't yell at me for this I didn't have a choice. She hasn't left my side since she arrived! I have been trying to get away from her! But since we were intimate the last time she was here 100 years ago she has this delusion that I want to be with her! I have tried to tell her that I am not interested in a further romantic relationship with her. But she is determined to change my mind! Marcus yelled back. Then why didn't y tell her you already have a mate. Caius asked Because you know Cleo she hears that she has competition she will kill that person. I can't put Katerina in that kind of danger. She still human. Plus I haven't even taught her about the mating bonds. Marcus said as he sighed to himself. I was going to tell her today but then SHE came. Marcus replied. Well I guess I will tell her for you. She has been depressed since the ball. Do you know why? Caius asked. No I don't I was wondering why she was so distracted lately. Marcus replied she's upset because you weren't clear with her when you told her that some had fill the hole in your undead heart and that the someone was her. Now she sees you with Cleo she thinks that it's her. Your breaking her heart. Caius replied Marcus looked up at him in shock. I didn't know or think that she was able to feel the mating pull already. Marcus replied well she can and you better fix this before something bad does happen. Caius replied as he walked out the door. Marcus sighed to himself his heart hurt at the new that Katerina was suffering because of his carelessness. The door opened Marcus looked up to meet the sight of Cleo in one of her most revealing dresses. Mark can you help me with my zipper I can't reach it. She turned around to reveal her backside. He gritted his teeth fine he got up and helped zip the dress up she turned around thank you mark. She kissed him on the lips. He pushed her away Cleo what the he'll is your issue did you not listen to me when I told you that I'm not interested. He said but mark you know you want me. I can see it in your eyes. She replied seductively as she moved closer to him. No I don't want you. He replied fine then just one kiss before you make your decision. She kissed him one more time he tried to pull away but she wrapped her arms around his neck. The door opened Marcus heard someone gasped all Marcus saw was the billowing head of black hair. Then they were gone. Shit, no Kat! Get off me you tramp he pushed her forcibly off of him. What the hell Marcus. What's your issue! Cleo yelled your my issue. Now because of you my mate thinks I'm with you and not her. He yelled back what your mate you never told me you had a mate. Who the hell is she. It's Katerina Aro's daughter. He started to leave you better not be here when I come back. With that he slammed the door and left to find Katerina.