Chapter 14: Dreams & Nightmares

A few weeks passed by quickly everyday Katerina would paint one new member of the family and meet them. Her evenings were usually spent in the library reading or taking walks in the garden with either Caius or Marcus. She had started to become close with both of them. She might even say she was slightly falling in love with both of them. but she would't know she never had ever been in love before. So she wouldn't know what love was if it smacked her in the face. Today she had the day off she was sitting in her room alone reading and listening to music. she would be hanging out with the gaurd members or marcus and caius but they were all in an important business meeting and wouldn't bee out till night time. She laid down on her bed and started to go through the pictures on her ipod that were of her and various members of the guard mostly her and jane or her and caius and marcus. she thougt it was strange that marcus acted as if he had never seen an ipod before in his life. But of coarse Caius had explained that he was really behind in the technology department. so Katerina made it her mission to teach him how to use an ipod. she started off with msic which she filled with Classical music and some new age stuff that he enjoyed. Then taught him everything else. Now she couldn't get him off it unless they were spending time together. Katerina finished her book and decided to go get another one from the library. she slipped on her slippers and put on her hoodie. she stepped out into the hallway. she walked to the library and went inside. she searched through all the shelves looking for anything that caught her attention. She came across a large red leather bound book she pulled it out on the front it read The True History Of Vampires written by Marcus Volturi. She opened the book it was hand written on old partchment. She sat down and began to read. she had become so engrossed in the book she hadn't noticed that it had become night time. she slowly began to realize that this wasn't ine of those dumb vampire novels that teenage girls became obsessed with but that this was real. She dropped the book when she came to the part about how the Volturi over threw the Romanian Coven. staring back at her was a picture of Aro, Caius, and Marcus holding two men that she had seen in her nightmares. This can't be real she said to herself. she Got up and ran to her room. She sat on her bed trying to wrap her head around what she had just read and seen. After a few minutes she began to get a terrible headache she changed into her night clothes. she needed some sleep so that she could focus tomorrow. she turned of the light and slipped into her bed as soon as her head hit the pillow she fell asleep.

Katerina opened her eyes she was sitting on someones lap and he was reading to her from a painte book. The man was pointing to different items in the book and she would copy him. She turned around and came face to face with Caius. but for some reason every time she said his name it came out as Cai. The scenery changed Katerina looked around the room it was white and soft purple. They we sitting on a rocking chair next to them was a white olden crib. There was stuffed animals inside. On the floor was a pile of blocks. She heard the door open and in walked a woman with bright golden hair hello my daughter how is my precious girl doing the woman asked her as she picked her up from the crib. Katerina reached up and touvched the womans face trying to ask who she was. but the woman only smiled and replied of coarse i will get you some food my sweet angel. Katerina frowned as she was carried down the halls. she looked around and saw paintings that she recognized from the castle. she had passed them everyday as she went to the kitchen. The woman stopped in front of the kitchen door and walked inside. katerin was met face to face with Caius again. Only thistime he was cooking and had two bowls. katerina reached for him and he took her in his arms. Cai she said as she placed her hands on his face asking why she was here and in baby form. he just smiled and put her in her highchair. the door opened and in walked Aro and Marcus. Aro walked over to the woman and kissed her. How is our sweet angel doing he asked the woman. she is fine Caius is just about to feed her. she replied. Marcus walked over to katerina and kissed her forehead hello my little one she looked around at all their faces they were all smiling and she could feel the love resonating from all of them. but mostly from CAius and Marcus. A few seconds later another woman walked in calling for Caius. Katerina saw him roll his eyes before he turned around and greeted the other woman. he kissed her. KAterina felt anger as she saw him hold her as he spoke to her. She looked back at Marcus he had a look of worry as the woman began to get angry at Caius. she was yelling at him for spending more time with the human child than with her his wife. Marcus walked over and picked her up and carried her out of the kitchen. THe voices fadded the farther he walked away. He walked past the door to her room and went into one that was two doors down from hers. he walked in and placed her on the bed the room had a rustic feel to it everything was wooden and intricaely carved. he put some toys in front of her as he sat beside her and started to read. the scene began to blur then clear up. There was snow and trees everywhere she looked she was being carried she looked up and saw the woman that had been yelling at Caius carrying her. she looked to the side and saw the woman who had called her daughter walking beside her. the woman was telling her that should catch up with the others but the woman refused and said she had found a shorter way. next thing Katerina saw was two men suddenly appear before them. Athendora have you brought we have agreed upon? the blonde haired man asked. Whats GOing on athena what is he talking about. the woman asked. yes i have here she is i don't care what you do with her just make sure they never find her again. Nooo! the woman screamed as she ran for KAterina suddenly she was thrown back and held in place by two other men. no not my baby please vladimir, stephan think if what your doing. athena how could you do this to us. the woman sobed. KAterina began to cry for her. but the man covered her mouth tightly. take care of them leave Aro's wife alive but kill the other. he said katerina looked at the woman she could only figure was her mother being torn apart and the other woman being thrown into flames as the man ran off with her in his arms. She screamed and cried in his arms as he ran.

Katerina kept trying to wake up. she could here someone calling her name. she felt the world shaking her vision became blurry again she was still screaming for her mom when her eyes shot open and she sat up quickly. Kat it's okay your safe. She heard Marcus voice. she looked over and saw him. oh Marcus it was horrible. they killed her and i couldn't do anything. she cried. Marcus sat beside her who hurt who he asked softly. these two men they killed my mother and kidnapped me. she replied its okay Kat your safe here he replied as he hugged him. is there anything i can do to help you with these nightmares he asked. she looked up at him can i sleep with you she asked Marcus looked up in slight shock but then smiled slightly sure come with me. he picked her up and carried her to his room. which was two doors down. He opened his door and walked in Katerina looked around she recognized the room from her dream she softly gasped to herself. he heard her gasp. whats wrong he asked worried. oh its nothing she replied smiling at him he placed her down on his bed she got under the covers if you need anything i will be at my desk. she grabbed his hand before he turned. Marcus please stay with me. she asked okay he walked over to the other side and got under the covers. she moved closer to him and curled up against him. she quickly fell asleep. with no nightmares. only dreams of happier times when she was a baby.

Marcus watched her as she slept he wondered what she was dreaming about. He wondered what she meant by two men killing her mother and kidnapping her. He wanted to ask but forgot when she begged him to let her stay with him. he decided to ask her when she woke up in the morning. He was partially sure that she was his princess he just needed a little more proof. he kissed her forehead. then laid back and waited for morning.