TTWL Chapter 5

omg..we're 58 in non teen thank you people..here's your reward

***********************************************************************

recap

The envelop slipped fom his fingers. The emotions that ran across his face kept changing so fast she didn’t know wat to make out of them. Finally he asked, “you are getting married.” But it was more like a statement.

*

She just nodded.

                        He closed his eyes slowly and took deep breaths then when he opened them he had a smile ready for her. “Well congratulations!” he said and he sounded almost sincere even to his own ears.

                        “Thank you.” She said.

                        He looked at his watch. “My look at the time. I have to get going.”

                        He started to leave but he spotted the envelop. He picked it up slowly. “Well I’ll have my lawyers look at it then I’ll sign.” He said. “I hope you’ll find hapiness.’

                        “Thanks.” She said. He walked away slowly and when her front door closed with a slight click she sank on the floor wondering why she wasn’t as happy as she thought she would be. Her encounter with Bradley had left her drained. She had never expected them to talk about their marriage. She played the conversation they had over and over again in her head…

                        It didn’t change things. Their marriage had made her miserable. He had never believed in her. He had never really paid attention to what she said. He had been ashamed of her towards the end of their marriage. She remembered it all too clearly.

                        She got up from the sofa to call Julie so that she keeps Kaylah over until she went to pick her up. Julie picked up the phone on the third ring.

                        “Hello?”

                        “Hi Jules. How is it going?”

                        “You don’t wanna know. Its crazy in here.” She said. “How did it go?”

                        She tried to fill her in everything that happened. “That viper! I hate her. She sometimes comes by the office. She knows that I’m friends with you and she doesn’t make it a secret what she thinks of me. She has often tried to get me fired. Of course Brad could never do that.” She said. “I’m sorry love. But Brad seems to have taken everything so well you know? I expected he’d put up a fight or something.”

                        “I don’t know what to think Jules. I just want you to keep Kaylah there until I come pick her up tonight.”

                        “Oh okay. She’s out playing basketball with some of the neighbors kids but I’ll keep her here honey don’t worry.”

                        “Thank you.” She said. “I have a killer headache. I took some asprin. I need to lie down for a while, get rid of it, have a clear mind before I talk to C.J.”

                        “Don’t worry about Kay… I’ll take care of her.”

                        “See you later then.”