TTWL CHAPTER 8

i know long time again but from next week i'll be uploading every monday...i need some feedbck creatures.Is this story nice...feels like we're loosing touch with it...

******************************************

“I know you’ll flip when you see him. Bradley Bryant. Your best player. He’s someone very special to you honey. I hope you’ll get along… I’m sure you will come to think of it.”

                        She looked at Bradley and moved away so that he could talk to her but Bradley didn’t move any closer. He stood exactly where he was and stared at kaylah. Nell felt something cold pierce her heart. She had never once considered the possibility of rejection. She had just assumed that he would accept her as his daughter. He would be mad at her at first but he would accept Kaylah. She felt as if someone were choking her. How could he just reject his own daughter like that?

                        The nurse knocked letting them know that it was time to leave. She kissed Kaylah’s forehead and waited until Bradley had left the room then she followed him out. She didn’t know if she could even stand looking at him; she just walked away to the waiting room.

                        He followed her there. It was late and they were the only ones left in the waiting room. A nurse came to tell them that Julie had gone home. She knew and understood that Julie had a small baby who needed to be nursed. She had done more than expected. But she wished someone was there with her instead of just Bradley.

                        “We need to talk Nell.” He said.

                         “We do an we will when my baby is feeling better. What I wanna know is if you are willing to take up responsibility for her. Not financially. I got money of my own. But just to spend a little time with her once in a while…”

                        “Is that what being a responsible father involves?”

                        Her eyes went cold. “If you don’t want her you are free to leave right now before she sees you. You leave us the hell alone…”She said. “We’ve been fine without you and we can keep going right on with the way we were.”

                        “What the hell are you talking about?” he asked.

                        “I saw you in there!” she stood up because sitting down made him tower over her. “You couldn’t even look at her! She is a sweet little girl who tries to act tough. If she knew that you rejected her it’ll devastate her. Please Brad… if you don’t want her walk away now.”

                        “Are you serious?” He asked. “You seriously think that I would deny my own flesh and blood? Everytime you say something it potrays just what you think of me and I don’t know how it is you hold so little faith in me… the only reason I didn’t go to her I think was shock and awe. When I heard the nurses talking and the doctors and even you I felt like I was having an out of body experience. It didn’t feel real. But seeing her there… man it felt a little like falling in love. I’m taking knees weak, sweaty palms, racing heart the whole deal…” he sat down. She looked at him and the expression he had told it all.

                        “She looks so much like you… I thought that maybe we could have some resemblence so that I could have something to claim you know? But nothing. She is your copy… How can I ever claim to be her father?”

                        She sat down next to him. “She has your eyes. The exact shape and colour. You have no idea how alike the two of you actually are.”

                        “Can you tell me anything about her?” He asked. She felt the guilt but she pushed it aside. He was supposed to be mad at her instead he was asking her to tell him about Kaylah.

                        “Well I don’t know where to start. She was born on a rainy afternoon in San Francisco, 28th May. She was a beautiful child. She hardly ever cried. She was loved by everyone wish was probably a good thing because I couldn’t afford a nanny or a sitter. My neighbors volunteered to look after her while I went to the university.”

                        “She goes to a public school. I can afford to take her to a private school but she never fit in so I took her back to public school. She’s a straight A student. She is very athletic. She plays basketball and she’s really good. She made it into an all boys team this year and she is the star.” He smiled slightly at that but he still looked sad.

                        “She doesn’t like it if I drop her off to school so she usually rides her bike and occassionally takes the bus. She likes eating while standing up. Come to think of it she is always standing… even when she’s doing her homework… She loves tacos…”She felt her throat constrict. Will she ever take her little girl to taco bell again? “She… watches espn… like other girls… watch disney.” Oh God… what would she do without her baby?

                        “Hey… stop that.” Brad said. “She is going to be just fine.”

                        All she could do was nod. He pulled her to him and just held her close as she cried. “It’s going to be okay.” He said over and over. “Just close your eyes and think of the best memories you have of her. Sshhh no more tears.” She closed her eyes like he said and she thought of all the happy times she had spent with her baby.

                                                                                                *

                        He heard her breathing even out and he knew that she was asleep. He waited for fifteen minutes before he moved her. He layed her on the couch and covered her with a blanket. She must’ve had a hell of a day. He watched her as she slept. He was a father. He knew that he should be angry at her but he just couldn’t find the strength to. Maybe he was still in shock. He understood partly why she didn’t tell him and he could forgive that. What he didn’t understand was that after she got the money… why didn’t she look for him and tell him about Kaylah. They would have been even if they ever went to court. He had a problem with the fact that if Kaylah hadnt been in that accident he might have never told him about her.

                        She stirred slightly in her sleep then she went back to sleep. It could wait though. When everything was over they would talk about everything. In the meantime he thought, he needed to get used to the fact that he was a father. The beautiful red haired princess who was fighting for her life was his… it scared the hell out of him.

*