Epilogue

Dear Peter,

I can't believe it's been six months since I've seen you! I'm sorry I didn't write you soner, but we've kind of been a little busy.  I'll have to update you on what's happened since last I saw you.  Oh, where to start?

Cocheta finally caught up with Joe and I about three days after we'd left town.  I don't know exactly what happened, but Joe and Cocheta love each other.  And its real love  It took us a while, but we finally found someone to marry the two of them.

Actually, Cocheta's father found someone who was willing to wed them.  Cocheta's old teacher just so happened to be visiting their tribe when Cocheta insisted we visit, so we talked him into wedding them.

They are incredibly happy togethter.  Please inform everyone that we are sorry we didn't invite you to the wedding, we just didn''t know exactly where to send you, because the tribe's village kind of moves around, and it would have taken you a while to get here.  And then you would have had to travel back....

Oh! Cocheta's mother died, by the way.  But Cocheta isn't sad about it.  Apparently her mother hadn't been exactly... Pleasant.  Cocheta seemed more heart broken over that than the fact that her mother actually died.

Anyways, Joe built us a house in this cute little valley thats somewhere in between your town, and Cocheta's village.  There is a town in between our house and your town where we go to buy supplies.  I just found out yesterday about their lovely mail system, so I decided to write you a letter.

Cocheta and Joe tell me to wish your family lots of love.  When you send me a letter back, just send it to the address on the back of this envelope and label it The Clay's.  The mail person will know it's for me.

Oh! Since we skipped right over that holiday, I forgot to say it! Happy Christmas!  Well, Joe and Cocheta want to go back to the house now.  I've been writing this at the post office.  I got to go!

Hope to see you soon!

Lots of love,

      Maria Clay