Chapter 16

Hey ya'll!

Ready for the next chapter?

I hope so!

Cause here it is!

Vote!

Comment!

Rate!

*************************************************************************************************************

Finding Awenasa

Chapter 16

*Cocheta's POV*

The clearly indian man spoke in a language I could not understand in the least.

Cocheta seemed to understand it though.

She seemed to be having a conversation with them.

Every couple of minutes she would turn to me and summarize what they had just been discussing.

Apparently, these men were a hunting party from a nearby village.

They said the village was only two days away.

Cocheta turned to me, her eyes glistening with tears of joy.

"These men know my mother." she said happily, her voice just audible and barely above a whisper.

I walked closer and gave her a triumphant hug.

She let out a squeal of happiness against my shoulder.

I pulled away, but after seeing her face, so full of glee, I hugged her again.

"That is so great, Cocheta!" I exclaimed into her hair, my voice muffled by it.

We broke apart and I combed my fingers through my hair, a goofy grin on my face.

Cocheta was simply beaming.

Cocheta turned back to the hunters and again started jabbering in that language.  

She gestured to me and i heard my name, so i assumed she was telling them who i was one of the men talked back and she let out a bark of laughter.

"They say that you are as pale as the moon, that you have not seen the sun," said Cocheta as she fought to hide her smile.

I started to laugh, but only half-heartedly.

"Ask them if they will take us to their village." i suggested.

Cocheta nodded and relayed my question.  

The men talked among themselves for a while before nodding their heads enthusiastically.  

Cocheta's smile had increasingly become so big that i was afraid it was going to pop of her face.

*Cocheta's POV*

"So how is my mother?" i asked the lead hunter in his language.

His name was White Fox.

"She does not have much time left, a week at most. I'm am sorry to be the bearer of such grim news but you inquired and I'm not one to shield the truth." White Fox answered.

I nodded. 

It was strange.

My heart told me I should break down crying but my mind was reasoning with me.  

Why should i cry for someone I did not even know?

**********************************************************************************************************

Vote!

Comment!

Rate 1-5!

Happy Holidays everybody!