Chapter 11

I'm so happy!

Today is the first snowfall of the year for where I live in Michigan!

And its actually sticking!

Right now its snowing these really big, wet flakes and it isn't even that cold, so I know it'll melt soon, but I just am so happy about the snow!  

Now people can't bug me for listening to Christmas music cause its snowing! :P Hah!

Vote!

Comment!

I LOVE SNOW!

(pray that I get a snow day tomorrow. i won't most likely, but its something to hope for.)

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Finding Awenasa

Chapter 11

*Cocheta's POV*

"Baskets! Get your own colorful baskets! Handmade baskets!" Joe yelled, adding his voice to the jumble of noise that made up an everyday, common marketplace.

"You need to be louder." chided Maria.

"What? Why? How do you know? You don't have anymore experience at this than I do!" Joe defended himself.  I chuckled under my breath.

"Well then, how come no one has bought one of our baskets yet?" Maria questioned with a raise of an eyebrow, placing her hands on her hips.  Joe gave a glare that could melt iron.

"Fine then. You try." Joe practically hissed.  He shoved the stack of baskets into Maria's arms and Maria gave him a smug, tight-lipped smile.

"I will." she pronounced.  We watched as she skipped over to an old lady.  She seemed to barter for awhile and then held out a basket.  The woman took it, examined it with shriveled up fingers, and produced a gleaming silver coin which she placed in Maria's upturned palm.

Maria's eyes widened as she thanked the woman repeatedly.  Maria marched back over to us and placed the silver in Joe's hand.  Her face beamed with her pride at what she had just accomplished.

"How did you...?" Joe gaped.  His face held a look of utter bewilderment.  

"All I did was tell her the truth." Maria shrugged, obviously just as baffled as Joe.

"You just told her the truth?" Joe scoffed. "Give me a basket.  I've got to try this."

Maria handed Joe a blue basket with a simple sparrow woven on the side and marched over to a big, burly, beast of a man.

"He's going to get himself into trouble." Maria turned away and smacked her forehead.

I watched a Joe jabbered with the man.  Suddenly the man grabbed Joe by the arm and dragged him over to us.  Joe's face went white with fear and confusion.

The man set him down and brushed him off with a big, beefy hand.  

"Sorry bought that." he muttered.

"s'okay." Joe grumbled, smoothing the wrinkles on his clothing.

"You fellows need a wagon, correct?" The man asked.  He brushed a hand through his curly red hair.

"Yes." I nodded.  The man smiled and stuck out a hand.

"The names Jameson O'hara, but ya'll can just as well call me O'hara." he introduced himself.  I nodded a greeting.

"My name's Cocheta.  This is Maria, and you've already met Joe." I gestured to them as I spoke their names.  O'hara nodded his head in acknowledgement of their presence and then turned back to me.