Chapter Three

Chapter THREE

There was a time where I was a good girl, a time where I never ventured to speak my mind. I used to be the quiet, timid child. Not once had I dared to disrespect the rules. I was the girl with no backbone.

People change.

Now I was oozing with confidence. I defined badass. My walk strutted class and I smirked with mystery. I burned with a new fire.

My eyes stared right back into my English teacher's eyes. They were glistening with a teasing spark. My smirk didn't falter as did his but my heart drummed against my ribcage as a lock of dark golden hair fell across his forehead. I had to clench my fists to stop from reaching out and brushing it away.

"I should watch where I'm going? Sir I do believe you are awfully new to the building so I'll forgive you for bumping into me. I guess we could blame it on a loss of direction hmm?" His smirk grew larger as I finished speaking. I ignored his presence once I started picking up all the objects that had fallen out of my bag. Mentally I was scolding myself for wanting to be closer to him.

Mr. Blaze had arrived to this school at the start of this week. It was the exact Monday as my return. He was the new teacher that happened to be one of the youngest teachers at our school. I knew he was smart. He explained how he skipped many years of his school life because he knew more than others. When students his age were studying for their A Levels, he was studying for a degree in University.

I hadn't once talked for this whole week. I haven’t uttered a single syllable apart from informing that I was indeed in the class and not absent. I refused to introduce myself on his first day as well as mine. So today when I held up an argument for Romeo and Juliet, something changed.

He told the class that he wasn't good with names but he would try his best to remember. Yet he knew mine, and surprisingly not the girls that discarded their morals for him.

"Or we could, perhaps blame it on a sudden blindness of beauty?" My hand paused on the last object that needed to be put back into my bag. I looked down at the pen enclosed around my hand.

Did he imply that I was...Beautiful?

"What?" I stared up at him with a poker face, trying to keep my voice steady but it came out quite breathless.

"Have a good day Miss. Thorne," he smirked secretively before walking down the hall. I didn't turn around to watch, as I listened to his footfalls fade into a ghost of an echo.

"Likewise Mr. Blaze," I mumbled as my legs sprinted down the now empty hallways. I pushed against the school doors and rushed towards the now moving bus I could see a few meters away, shouting for it to stop. I slowed down to a jog whilst I watched it move further away until it was out of my sight, ignoring my desperate pleas.

I kicked a few stones harshly and looked at the sky in hatred. “Really? Is that all you have for me? Go on, make it more fun for yourself up there!”

I think I was going a bit insane but it was going to be a living hell walking all the way home. I continued shouting more to whatever soul was controlling my fate. Then of course, one single drop of water lands on my cheek. It trailed down my cheek until it fell and then it started to rain. It wasn’t even a light drizzle or a spitting shower. Nope. Instead it’s a torrential downpour, mocking me for my challenge.

I’m soaked.

My mood deflated even more as I tried to look straight down the empty sidewalk. My vision was blurred with the raindrops spilling over my lashes, so I continuously wiped at my eyes in a futile attempt to see. I had been walking for approximately five minutes and right now, I was completely and utterly pissed off.