Chapter Fourteen

Don't shoot me, I didn't realise it's been 2 months! I know I'm terrible but it won't happen again!

Enjoy this chapter!

Please vote and comment :)

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

The last bell of the day had everyone packing up and stumbling through the mass of bodies that were making their way out of the school doors. No one liked to stay longer than necessary and I was one of those people. However my circumstances were different today.

I walked out of my last lesson for the day- history. Phoenix didn't share this one class with me and that was going to be useful in the next few minutes. I would need a pretty good excuse for not going back home with her. She had scolded me earlier for leaving without her and then slapped the back of my head when I said that I didn't want to disturb her. Her reply was, and I quote, "You could never disturb me you fat head," unquote.

She’s such a charmer.

I walked down the hallway, which was now quite empty. I noticed Nixie leaning against the wall near her class. It was the place we said we would meet. She didn't like it when I leaved the school premises without her even if it was just standing by her car.

"Hurry up you little snail, I want to get out of here," she grinned and I smiled back at her but then I quickly dropped the smile and put a sad look on. It was time to put my drama skills into practice.

"I can't," I sighed and I saw her open her mouth to question why but I beat her to it. "I've got detention with my history teacher for not giving in one of my assignments and it's going to take a while so you should just head on out without me."

"What? Are you serious? You always give your work in though. He couldn't just let it slide?" She asked with a frown.

"No," I said shaking my head, trying to look annoyed at being in this so-called detention. She pushed herself off the wall and walked towards me and then shrugged.

"Don't worry, I'll wait for you, we can get through this detention crap together," she said whilst looping her arm through my mine and smiling reassuringly. I felt my stomach drop when I realized she believed me so easily. I felt like I was breaking a trust code. But it was worth it in this moment because if anything happened, if Nixie got hurt on the way, I would never forgive myself.

"No!" I blurted a bit too quickly. I stopped us from walking and she looked at me with confusion. Then another lie came to my mind easily. "You can't stay and wait for me. Firstly because that's not fair on you and secondly, I really want you to be there when dads home. I don't want him to be alone anymore and it'll give you both time to catch up."

I gave her a look that begged her to understand and she silently stared at me. I could see the war in her eyes and then I said, “Trust me Nix.”

She frowned for a second, taking it in before giving me a sympathetic smile. "Okay, you're right but it still sucks that you have to go but if you insist..."