Prologue

Manipulation - exerting shrewd or devious influence especially for one's own advantage.

By definition the term manipulation sounds like a horrible messed up way of saying "ruthless mind control."

I guess in some ways that isn't far from the truth. But when manipulation is done well by someone who is experienced and knowledgeable in the subject, then it isn't all that bad.

There are three main categories that manipulation can be sorted into. At least, for the ones I use. Each is used depending on the targeted subject for said manipulation.

These categories are:

1) In simple words the Bambi or Puppy dog eyes - works well with softies or people who have a hard time saying no. This form of manipulation is used mainly by beginners.

2) Persuasion - basically bargaining and or convincing the subject to lean a certain way. Normally can be achieved by someone who has medium skill in the art. Has shown to be tricky but effective.

And finally

3) Seduction.

I don't think any introduction is needed for number three. But it doesn't necessarily mean sexual seduction. It can. But I personally I haven't used that type very often. It is in fact the hardest form of manipulation to master. It involves using both methods one and two.

Nobody I know can be naturally good at manipulation. The skill takes years of practice to master. Years of practice that I myself have taken the time to go through. In my mind manipulation is a great skill to know because you never know at what points in your life it will be needed.

Of course others can develop other methods. Like evil stares or pouting lips. But all of these are just frilly little pansy side details branching off from main ones someone has developed.

And of course in this case appearance does matter. At least it has in my experience. For example if you are trying to use method three on somebody, I suggest that you learn what "type" the person you are after is into. If that person is not into cutesy bunny rabbit lovers who sell cookies in the fall, then don't test your luck.

And lastly if you do master this hard earned skill. Don't spread the word. You don't want people knowing that you are good at it because then they will suspect that everything you do is just a tactic.

These methods can be used on all people. (Trust me it even works on a five year old.) 

But when you find yourself messing with somebody who is also skilled in this field......

You better keep your guard up because all hell breaks loose.

But hey, it's just

Simple Manipulation.