44// b o o b i m p l a n t s

"I look so good in that other one though," I sigh as Hailey makes me try on her clothes so we can go out tonight.

"You look good in both, but you'll definitely get approached more in this one since it's brighter, which will make you seem nicer and less intimidating!" she reasons.

"And since when are you a scientist?" I cross my arms.

"You're the one who used to never show up to science," she laughs.

I narrow my eyes at her as she continues chuckling.

The dress is a baby pink bodycon dress that reached just above mid-thigh with spaghetti straps and a cut out.

"I guess," I sigh, smoothing the dress on my waist. "I don't really want to be approached though."

""You need to get out more. You're like a desperate housewife. What about mine?" Hailey asks looking at herself in the full body mirror. The dress is a very pale yellow and similar to mine -or her's since it is her dress.

"It's cute," I comment.

"Just cute? I wanna look hot! Like you!" she gestures to me.

I laugh, "You look hot!"

"I better," she sighs.

• • •

"I haven't been here in a long time," I say as I tap my thighs in anticipation.

"Come on!" Hailey says as she drags me through the doors.

I roll my eyes as I push past grinding bodies. Music pounds through the my ears as I get taken to a table in the back corner. I see Dylan and Alexis laughing, sitting on top of the surface.

"Josie!" Alexis hops off the table and scurries to me with open arms.

I hug her back and nearly cry as I realize how much of life I've missed, but it's the fact that I prefer sitting next to Gage on his bed while he teases me for being afraid of the dark over being here that gets me. What has he done to me?

"Are you okay?" she asks with worry as she looks into my eyes.

"Yeah, I just missed you," I smile, "Hi Dyl," I wave and he smiles widely back.

I have a headache already.

"Can you get a bottle for the table?" I ask Dylan since he's already twenty-one.

"Yeah," he slides his hand across my back as he walks towards the bar. I jerk away, but it's too late.

"Sit!" Alexis insists.

I smile as I slide into a stool.

"So how have you been?" she asks. I can barely focus on her words.

"Um..." I scratch behind my ear, "I've been fine, I guess."

"That's good!" she beams.

I smile and focus on the dark purple surface of the table.

Dylan comes back with a bottle of whatever the fuck and I get a glass from the edge of the table and pour the transparent contents into it.

I throw my head back as I down the alcohol and I suddenly regret coming here.

An hour after drinking and fake laughing at whatever, I'm excusing myself from the table and on my way to the restroom. There's not much rest going on because two girls are having a good time in the big stall.

I look at my made up reflection in the mirror and pull out my phone from my strapless bra.

I scroll through my contacts and land on Gage's name. I debate whether I should delete it or not. After a few minutes I decide to delete it.