11| s h o t

Picture of Nick>
________________________

I've never heard of this place, but it seems pretty fancy. Gage's hand rests on the small of my back as he escorts me to a room in the back of the restaurant.

A waiter opens the door for us and I take a step inside. A gold chandelier hangs above the table.

I follow Gage an look at the velvet maroon rug under my feet. The circular table is huge with a white table cloth draped over it.

Men in black suits stand around the room with their arms crossed and men with women beside them sit at the table. Gage pulls a chair back for me to sit in and he sits beside me.

Two more seats are left open across from me and few people stop their conversations to look at us.

My legs shakes under the table and it calms me down for the time being. What if there's a shoot out or something?

This is super sketchy.

Gage's hand snakes to my thigh, stopping the quick movements, "The hell is wrong with you?" He says as he leans into my ear.

I roll my eyes harshly at him.

He laughs at me, "Nothing will happen... for now at least."

"What the hell do you mean: for now?"

"I won't let anything happen to you. I'll make you a promise," he starts, "You know how you say I don't talk much?" I nod, "If something does happen tonight, I'll talk about whatever you want."

"You only say that because you know nothing will happen." I smile and play with the button on his sleeve.

"Then you know nothing will happen." He leans into my neck plants a kiss under my ear.

I shove him away from me and laugh, "I just hope I won't get shot tonight."

"No promises." He sighs and I can't tell if he's serious or not.

Just then, the door opens, relieving the last two guests to arrive. I snap my head to look toward the door and there's a dark haired boy with a girl with blue hair.

Abriya... and Danny. Great.

Fuck.

Shit.

"Oh, god." I exhale and rub my hands over my bare knees. The middle of my dress falls between my thighs and my legs are exposed.

"Let's cover these up, huh?" Gage pulls the sides of my dress over my legs when he sees Danny's eyes on me.

I smile at him when he smirks at me and Abriya sends me a glare.

"You know him or something?" Gage smirks.

"Well-"

"Gage, what a pleasant surprise." A humorous tone sounds from behind, interrupting me.

I turn around and Danny stands behind me with his hands on the back of my chair. Gage slowly turns around with a small smile on his face.

"Danny, Bri." Gage nods.

"Josie, you have a new boyfriend tonight?" Danny asks, a smug expression on his face.

"A new one, Danny?" I repeat since I must be mistaken.

"Oh please, call me Dan!" He exclaims.

"Josie, you look... nice." Abriya eyes me.

"Hm." I squint and give her a barely noticeable smile before turning back around.

"You should go, wouldn't want me to kick your ass again would you?" Gage says.

As soon as they're a few meters away, I can't control my laughter, "What a bitch. She was the complete opposite the last time I saw her."

They fit right in with the rest of the sketchy people here.

"So you do know them." He disregards what I previously said.

"Um, I mean guess," I shrug. His eyes stay on me even when I look away. This entire place gives me an eerie feeling, but I don't quite know what it is. I know if I ask, I won't get an answer.

I look over towards him and smile and he smiles back, "I like you're laugh."

"Shut up." I start to silently laugh again, something I do when I'm nervous, and I cover my flustered cheeks.

Glass clinks and I look up to see a middle-aged man tapping a spoon to a wine glass.

In the midst of this, many waiters file into the room with trays of wine and wine glasses on them.

"Thank you for being here for Rich. He couldn't make it tonight, unfortunately. He's... Let's just say... Getting it done." He raises his eyebrows and the room erupts in unnecessary laughter.

"Although our business if suffering, we have a few risky deals that need to be made. If anyone has anything or anyone to offer, every penny counts." He continues.

Anyone. What is this 'business'...

"I see many beautiful girls here tonight that we could use. We have a little more produce at least," he stops and he and others chuckle, "and Rich has his eye on a feisty one. The hunt continues," his eyes lower to me, "To better stocks!" He raises his glass and others do too.

All I hear is cheers and I'm unaware of the waiter pouring the clear liquid from the bottle into the class in front of me.

Gage pulls my chair closer to him in one swift movement and I catch Abriya's eye.

My breath hitches and I suddenly get an unsettling feeling deep in my stomach.

I ignore it and watch more people in aprons bring out trays of plates.

The plates hold small meals the size of garnishes and have random sauces draped on them in zig zag patterns.

I keep my focus on the plate placed in front of me and take small occasional sips of the bitter wine. I don't bother touching anything on the plate.

"Beautiful, just gorgeous, who is this, Gage?" I turn around and see a man with blonde hair and a pornstache laugh.

"Mine. That's what she is." Gage rumbles.

The man puts his hands up and backs away, smiling.

"What the fuck is..." I motion to the air around me, "this?" I whisper-shout.

"I think it's best you stay out of it," He says, looking everywhere but at me.

"Well you've seemed to bring me in it! This isn't something I chose to do." I stress, "Now tell me."

His mouth opens and for the ten millionth time, more people show up behind us, "Tired of all the old men preying on you yet?" One of the familiar boys asks me. They were the ones with Gage the night he fought Danny.

"You must be," the other one says, "Can I show you to the bar?" He's cute. Not as cute as Gage though. Gage, cute? What am I thinking? Gage is fucking hot.

I look to Gage for approval. Why? I don't know. His face shows no emotion and he looks away, engaging in a completely different conversation.

I'll take that as a yes.

"I guess I could use a shot... or six." I mumble.

The boys laugh, and the blonde one takes my hand.