Chapter 16

Comatose

So... This is wierd, and hard to explain. I'm in a coma... I can tell you that much.
What I can't tell you is how I'm looking at my own body.

I've heard stories of people having out of body experiences, but I honestly thought it was a bunch of Bologna. Yet like I said before, here I am, staring at my own comatose body. I looked up as the door to my room opens and Sarah walks in.

I smile and reflexively say, "hi Sarah!"
She just stares at me on the bed, and that's when I remember: People don't know out-of-body me is actually out of body.

I sighed, looking at Sarah looking at me was depressing. I walked out and into the hall, phasing right through the door and through two guards stationed behind it. Now that was cool. I walked behind the counter of the nurses station and looked at an open binder, it was medical records about me.

-----------------------------------------------

Full Name: Noah J. Price
Mother: Selena K. Price - Deceased
Father: John Q. Price - Alive

Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 173 lbs.
Muscle mass: 65%
Augmentations: Classified

Occupation: Alliance Military Combatant
Position: Delta squad 7
Clearance: Confidential

----------------------------------------

My eyes were drawn to the "Augmentations" section, I was augmented somehow wasn't I?

Augmented... How was I augmented...

I was distracted by Sarah leaving my room and heading toward the elevators. For a moment I thought about following her... But I decided against it, I trusted her, I doubt she'd do anything to jeopardize our relationship while I was in a coma.

I started wondering what Pix was doing, and suddenly I found myself in a chair next to him in the engineering bay.

He looked terrible.
His eyes were bloodshot, whether it was from lack of sleep or crying I couldn't tell, and his hair was sloppy, longer than he usually preferred it and a scraggly beard now hid his chin from any observers.

"Jesus Pix, you look terrible."

Sarah had voiced exactly what I was thinking (in my defense, if I knew she was coming here and came for that exact reason, before she arrived, I didn't follow her.)

"I feel like it's my fault." He said sullenly.

"What? That he just so happened to be caught in the cross-fire between that psycho Chester and Peter? He knew what he was doing, Peter said that Noah had volunteered to go distract Chester and Daisy while Peter rigged up the control node. So how is it your fault that Noah tried to do something for the good of the ship?" She asked empathetically, "I feel like it's my fault."

Pix snorted, "and how is that?" The tone in his voice was bitter, angry almost.

Her next sentence was very quiet, "I've been keeping secrets from him."

Well, So much for the trust stuff.

Pix nodded, "Everybody keeps secrets," his voice matched hers, "Noah had them, I have them, Bree and Peter have them, that's just part of life."