Chapter 15

My crazy stupid idea

First off, here's the thing about crazy stupid ideas: nobody thinks of them because they're crazy stupid. That or they do, and they, unlike me, decide to go for a smarter plan.

So basically what did my plan require?

Thanks to my little control mod up in the bridge, I turned the lights back off.

I mentioned before I had enhanced eyes correct? One of those 'settings' that came standard with the upgrade is night vision.

And here's the crazy stupid part: I walked right out the door.

I had every advantage on those guys in there, but if I wanted to cut the head off the snake as it were, I needed to go straight to the source.

I was going straight to the bridge.

--------------------------------

I walked down the hallway, Tom tapped into the Titans cameras and notifying me when and where a guard was.

When I got to the hall to the bridge there was a trail of Sad Mask bodies in my wake.

When I got to the door I did the polite thing, I knocked.
----------------------------------
Alternate perspective

I watched the cameras as Noah Price tore through every man I sent at him like they were paper.
Bastion was right, he was dangerous.

"Daisy?"

I was drawn from my thoughts by Chester.

I sighed, "What Chester?"

"Price is coming to us." He said.

I looked at the cameras again and saw that Chester was right.

I stood up from the command chair and started barking orders.

"I want everyone with a weapon to aim at that door and open fire as soon as it opens. Then and only then. Is that understood?"

Everyone nodded their understanding and took up their posts, then Noah price knocked on the door.

Nobody moved, after a moment I crept forward towards the panel, holding my hand up and counting down from five.

At one the door slid open and Noah Price's body was instantly riddled with bulletholes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

They were too busy shooting one of their dead comrades to notice me slip in a door on the opposite side, and so that's when I put my gun to the back of Daisy's head.

The reaction I got was almost hilarious.

When some of the forefront shooters noticed I wasn't, in fact, dead, they ran out with their tales between their legs. The shooters who had resided at the door had noticed the gun to Daisy's head and had immediately dropped their weapons. And Chester just kept pointing his gun at me.

I looked at Chester, "It's over Chester, you lost. Put your gun down."

He shook his head, "n- no."

"Chester," I said it calmly yet firmly, "Put. Your gun. Down."

My brain was working overtime, even with Tom's help. It was clear he wasn't going to put the gun down, and so I had begun calculating the trajectory of the bullet he would fire. It was pointed at... Daisy?

It dawned on me what he was going to do.

Any good psycho sends another psycho to clean house if all hell breaks loose, and I was thinking Chester was Bastion's psycho of choice.

I immediately swung my gun around and pulled the trigger. But I was just a fraction of a second too slow, and I sped up my perception of time to figure out a way to save Daisy's life.

The recoil of my gun had brought it back a little ways, and even with time seemingly slowed down as it was I could see the bullet gradually leaving the barrel of Chester's. I calculated trajectories and waited just a second before pulling the trigger.

Now of course I was in slow-time so the gun seemingly didn't do anything, but when I got out?

The gun went off and Daisy fell down, clutching her right shoulder and screaming curses at Chester's corpse.

Then Peter Tome walked in as I blacked out, my head hitting the floor.

--------A/N-------

Let me know what you guys think! Bet I scared you with the thing about Noah getting shot huh? Though from Daisy's perspective for a second she thought he did. O.O

Don't worry though, pretty sure I'm not going to do any, "main hero dies and we pick up somewhere completely different." At least, as far as I know...