Chapter 11 - Sorting Hat

If I end up falling from a balcony or even drowning in a toilet, it’s all gonna be Rhonda’s fault for making me work the whole night. I haven’t slept at all, nor even a second whilst all the other guests had their night to get rest and recover from the ball. I spent the whole night cleaning, fixing things, so everything would be back to normal for when they’d wake up. Let me tell you, it wasn’t fun. Charlie and Liv helped me but I couldn’t let them lose sleep as well, so around five in the morning I refused to let them help me any longer. The only way to convince them was to threaten them to tell Rhonda that I went to the ball. If I put myself in risk they would step back, nothing else worked.

Most of the guests are up and back to their normal relaxing activities while I keep cleaning toilets and tidying up rooms. I reckon I’m slower than usual and every room is taking me twice as long to fix, but I’m on it and I haven’t died so far. Five points for Gryffindor for surviving this day!

I’m so knackered that I don’t even realise I’m on the floor where all the rooms for the boys of One Direction are. I normally avoid this floor because they are too messy and I normally tend to run into them, so I let Cami do it. She’s a nice girl, my same age, working here during summer to pay for Uni. She understands what’s to clean celebrities’ rooms. But today I find myself in one of the rooms of the boys of the band, I can’t remember which one. My brain is not actually working today.

I am in automatic pilot, just moving around, doing what I’m supposed to do and then leaving. If I keep acting like this I could totally go to the casting for The Walking Dead. I have a natural talent to be a zombie.

I’m making the bed when I notice the shower is on and I curse internally because, again, I have a bad timing. But I don’t leave, I’m already here and I have to finish so I hurry up with the bed and picking up the clothes: the suit and even the mask. There are no women’s clothes, so I assume this is Harry’s room, as he’s the only one who didn’t bring a girlfriend for the Summer Ball. I groan internally again when I put the pieces together right when the shower goes off.

Yay, me! Not.

I’m just finishing with folding the clothes when the bathroom door opens and he steps outside, with just a towel wrapping his hips. Just like the first time this happened, all his curls are soaking wet and little drops are making their way down his body. I notice the moth tattoo but I’m so tired that I can’t even laugh this time.

“Oh hi, Ella! We meet again,” he says, his cheeky smile and the set of dimples showing off.

“We do,” is my answer, cold and well, just dead.

He frowns and takes a step closer, and I don’t even move. “You okay?” Harry asks next and I nod yes. “You don’t look okay.”

“Five points for Huffelpuff  for being so perceptive,” I snarl and he raises his eyebrows in surprise. “I’m sorry,” I apologise immediately, closing my eyes for three seconds. “It’s just been a long night.”

“Too much fun at the ball?” He inquires with a smile again and I sigh.

I did have fun at the ball… so much fun, but it only lasted a little while. Then I had to go back to reality. “Too much fun cleaning after you all.”

I don't know what my tone is or what my face looks like, but he seems concerned and takes a step closer. I don’t move again, just because I don’t have the energy to do so.

“Have you slept at all?” He inquires and I don’t bother to lie, I just shake my head. “That’s not okay. Why? You need to sleep.”

“I can’t,” is my answer and he frowns. “It’s part of my job and I really need to carry on unless I want to skip this night, too.”