Chapter 17

(This whole chapter has been edited (excluding the authors note) by Rylee20.

Hello everyone, sorry i missed the week mark by a day, ive had a friend over this weekend and had to attend a friend of mines birthday.

alot has been going on lately and things have been rough.

this chapter i worked pretty hard on, and i hope you like it.

please take the time to vote and comment.

if you want to make a fan picture/banner type thing please send me a private message or write on my message board.

the picture to the right is a picture of kai that my friend asa(the one who is staying with me) drew. she also drew one of ashor. i will post that one on the next chapter.

i love you all!

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

ENJOY!!!
-------------------------------

So the next few days did not go well in my favor, things weren't going my way at all lately if you couldn't tell.

Kayla told the man who was taking Ashors place as alpha while he was in a coma that I had punched her on purpose, leave it to bitch, but anyways he doesn't like me at all. He wasn't happy when ashor announced that I was his mate at a pack meeting apparently.

But that's okay. I don't like him either.

He's an even bigger pompous asshole than Ashor.

But the difference is, Ashor is my pompous asshole.

I hated Eddie, that's his name by the way.

I was currently being ordered to stay in my room. Well the room I use when I'm here and not in Ashors room by his side. I hated being closed in away from Ashor, and I suspected he knew that.

He was so angry when Kayla told him that I'd hit her. He yelled at me, Ashor's parents got angry at him but they couldn't really do anything because he was temporary alpha.

So I couldn't, wouldn't, and shouldn't blame them for not helping me.

So I was just sitting on my bed staring at the wall. Not really doing anything, just staring and thinking about Ashor.

To think, months ago I hated him, treated him terribly and now I was hung up on him.

I guess once you finally admit someones your mate it pretty much seals the deal and you get the full effects of it.

It sucks. I wish I was like I used to be. Not caring. Because caring and loving him hurt so much right now. When I didn't know if he would wake up or not.

All of a sudden there was a loud crash. Which in turn cause me to jump a mile in the air and doing some weird ninja move. I probably looked ridiculous, oh well.

Once I got done being all frantic like, I looked up and to my utter dismay, there stood eddie. With a disgusted look on his face.

This was kind of deja vu ish. I see the same look on Kayla's face almost on a daily bases, accept for the two months I really didn't pay attention or care about anything. Oh how I longed for those days.

I sighed to myself heavely. Okay melodramatic moment over.

I gave him an impatient look because he was just standing in my, now broken, doorway. Glaring at me as if I had just killed his cat or something.

He didn't say anything to me so, me being me, glared back at him.

"What? Don't you know its common courtesy to knock? Oh, or is that too civilized for a dog like you?" I said laughing inside my head at my own joke.

"You'd better watch your mouth girly. Your already on my bad side." he snapped.

"I should care, why?" I said lightly in a non-caring voice.

"Because," he began, "if I don't like you, I can make you leave." he spat out with a wicked smirk on his face. "Especially since you assaulted kayla, a member of this pack, which you are not." he said his grin growing with the idea.

"Oh, is that right?" I said not worried.

"Yes. that's right in fa--"

"Because here I thought you were just the subsitute alpha, and being the subsitute doesn't give you the power, or the athority to kick the real alpha's mate out of the pack. Or maybe I'm wrong. But when Ashor wakes up and finds out I'm pretty sure he will probably rip your miserble tongue out of your throat for giving such an order." I said hautily with a small triumphant smirk on my face.

His face grew redder with fury as i spoke.

"I don't care what you think you know you little bitch, but I know that you don't deserve him. He is the alpha, you are just some pathetic little girl who just found out you were a werewolf. You even asaulted one of his pack members, I'm pretty sure he would get really angry at you about that." he said looking a little more composed as if he was gaining confidence in what he said.

"Really?" I said in a condesending tone, which seemed to make him more angry, "Because I'm pretty sure he didn't do anything about me beating the crap out of her a few times now. She's a flaming bitch. She deserves whatever she gets for treating people the way she does." I finished.

Eddie was sort of trembling, I knew he was close to shifting but I didn't care.

"Why do you even care so much, it's not like your mates....ohhh.....she's your mate, that's why you care about the cold hearted bitch so much." I said with a sick smile on my face.

It was quickly wiped off when I was slammed against the wall with eddies huge hand around my throat choking me. 

I quickly reached my hands up trying to pry his off of my throat that was choking me.

"Listen you little whore, I don't care who you are, or who's mate you are. You do not talk about Kayla like that, I don't care if she spreads vicious rumors about you or she threatens your life, I swear on everything that is holy to you that I will rip your throat out and I dont care what you think ashor will do about it." he said his grip growing tighter and tighter.

"And if you so much as breath another word to her...I will----"

"You will what?" a deep voice said from the doorway that sounded very familiar I couldn't quite place it. It felt like I had ear plugs in my ears. That far away sound.

all of a sudden i was dropped onto the floor, i was choking and gasping for air.

"Al---"

"What will you do to my mate?" growled out whoever was talking. Wait, mate? that means....

"Alpha....I-I-I......I didn't...."

"You didn't what? Know I had woken up a few hours ago? Been standing outside this door since you kicked it in and started choking the future alpha wife of this pack? Didn't what? Think that I would ever find out what you were doing and how you were treating Kai? Oh, eddie. So naive. i find out everything. NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AND I WILL DEAL WITH YOU INSIGNIFICANT ASS AND YOUR BITCH OF A MATE LATER. Oh, and try and leave, I will hunt you down and your punishment will be alot.....alot....worse." he growl-yelled the last part in a deadly voice.

I heard scrambling and running as Eddie ran out of the room.

Then someone was at my side holding me....I think I'm dreaming.....

"Kai......are you alright......?" he said in a sweet voice.

I wrapped my arms around him, taking advantage of this dream and laid my head on his chest and tears ran down my cheeks...how I wish this was real.

maybe the lack of oxygen was making me hallucinate.

"Kai...." he began and I reached up and kissed him, I could tell he was surprised because his body was tense but it relaxed and he got into the kiss. 

I pulled away after a few minutes and whispered "I love you....even if this is a dream....I still love you...."

"Kai...this isn't a dream......I'm awake now....I love you too..." he said in a kind of dazed voice, probably still shocked from the kiss.

My eyes grew wide in realization and I reached up and pinched the top of his arm.

"OW!" he jumped in surprise knocking his head into mine causing me pain, then I realized he wasn't lying. He was real. My Ashor was awake.....

"Ashor." I said with such shock and awe that he was awake.

"Kai, I love you so much, I'm sorry for everything I have put you through these past few months...please forgive me." he said in a sad voice. As if he had to apologize for anything.

He was wrong.

I reached back up and kissed him, with all of the love, frustration, sadness, everything I had felt these past few months.

I loved him so much.

Now maybe our life could begin.

Maybe we could have a happy ending.

For some reason...I knew...it wouldn't be that easy...boy, was I right.

----------------------
THIS IS NOT, i repeat, IS NOT, the ending of Temper, Temper. there will be another chapter next week. lol no matter how much this seems like and ending, it isnt. i promise.