Chapter 16

(This whole chapter has been edited (excluding the authors note) by Rylee20.

Hey everyone, this one is actually on time for once.

it's also alot longer than the last chapter, sorry about the last chapter, haha. it had to be done.

i worked pretty hard on this chapter and it took me a while to write, i like how it turned out.

i hope yall like it.

oh and if anyone would like to make a banner/picture/cover type thing for this story that would be awesome! PM me for my email to send it to me. :D

everyone please vote. i get quite a bit of reads and comments, but please please please vote. voting makes the story more popular so more people can read. :) i would really appreciate it.

thanks everyone.

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

ENJOYS
------------------------------------------------

It's been two months since Conner and Ashor got into their fight landing Ashor in a coma.

I think everyone has learned to just leave me be.

I don't talk. I don't sleep. I barely eat.

I catch people looking at me with pity in their eyes. They point at me and stare and whisper to other pack member. I know what their whispering:

"Look, that poor girl, the alpha is in a coma, I don't know how she's even living without her mate." And all of that.

I honestly couldn't care less with what they are saying about me.

I don't care about anything anymore.

Luke finally gave up on trying to get me to come out of Ashors room, he will just sit here with me sometimes, not saying anything, he knows I won't say anything back.

It's not that I don't want to...I just can't.

I don't have the will to do anything anymore.

Not even when bitch makes snide remarks at me.

I just ignore her. While before I would probably give her a black eye and split lip.

I just don't care anymore.

All i want is for him to wake up.

I even pray. I've never prayed in my entire life.

I find myself praying to God everyday, begging him to let Ashor wake up.

I guess talking to God is my only security blanket since I can't talk to anyone else.

I think I almost shocked mom to death when she walked in on me hands together and my eyes shut really tight...me praying.

I heard her gasp.

I flinched and looked at her, her eyes had been wide. But after the annitial shock of it she had a sad smile on her face she had told me she kind of knew where I was coming from and that she completely supported me in whatever I decided to believe in.

If God would wake Ashor up, I promised him I would try and change, I would be more considerate of others, I would try and not punch people as much, and most of all I would be kinder to Ashor.

I guess its kind of ironic that a werewolf believes in God, or is even praying.

I don't care.

Everything seems to be boiling down to those three words lately.

I don't like it, but it's whatever.

The only thing or person I can find myself caring about is Ashor.

The doctor said he could wake up any day, or any minute, but he could also not wake up for weeks, months, or even years.

It killed me to think that he wouldnt wake up for years.

I don't think I could handle that.

These two months have been hard enough.

All I can do is hope and pray that he will wake up.

Right now I was sitting in my usual spot right next to Ashor's bed. Listening to my ipod, earbuds in, and music loud.

the song completely fit how i was feeling right now.
"What do you say, you're having doubts?
Your candle's burned and long been out.
What do you say?
What do you mean, you can't go on?
You've had your love and now it's gone.
What do you say?

You say, I'm so tired of the red tape
That holds me to a heartache.
And I'm so tired of the same fight.
That keeps me at the crash site.

Oh, could it be you?
Been left behind.

I would try to find you.
I'd try my best to rush.
I've cleared all the cobwebs.
There's nothing here but dust."

My eyes started to water as the next part came on. I wish I could help Ashor somehow...find him...save him...bring him back to me....

"What do you say, you've had enough?
A thief has come to take your love away.
What do you mean you can't hold on?
It's been this way for far too long"

Conner stole Ashor from me. It's so hard waiting for him to wake up all the time. It hurts so much.

"You say I'm too tired to surrender and too weak.
I'm too old to remember how it could be.
Oh, could it be you?
Been left behind.

I would try to find you.
I'd try my best to rush.
I've cleared all the cobwebs.
There's nothing here but dust.

Still I try.
Still I try to reach you.

Should the dark fall upon you.
Don't let it get you down.
No, I'll be looking for you.
Don't let it get you down.

I would try to find you.
I'd try my best to rush.
I've cleared all the cobwebs.
There's nothing here but dust.

Still I try.
Still I try to reach you."

As the song faded to a close I got up and walked out of the room wiping my eyes. I walked downstairs and saw that Ashor's parents were in the kitchen. They looked as though they hadn't slept in years.

I know the were worried about their son. And me. I've been like a living zombie.

I don't blame them.

They gave me a sad smile and a nod when they saw me. They didn't try to talk to me. Like everyone else they gave up on that a while ago.

I sat up at the bar stool and turned my music up a bit more. I layed my head on my arms and just stared off into space. To others it looked like I found the refridgerater particularly fascinating. To me, I was having flashbacks of the times Iv'e spent with ashor.

He never gave up.

Suddenly I was falling backwards and landed on the floor my head hitting it pretty hard. If I was human that probably would have knocked me out.

One of the perks of being a werewolf.

I got up and wiped my hands on my jeans and shirt.

I looked up not really caring but I notice that Kayla was standing their with a snear on her face. Nothing new.

I just looked away from her, acting like she didn't even do anything. Picked my bar stool up and went to sit in it again when I felt a hand on my shoulder and then felt myself being yanked to face someone, very forcefully I might add. It didn't hurt though.

I just stared at her blankly. Waiting to see what she wanted. I really didn't feel like getting caught up in one of her bitch fits anymore. They are stupid and nothing is to be gained from them.
If you can't tell. I've changed alot in these past two months.

she looked at me as if i was the stupid one in this situation. like i was the one who had knocked her off of her bar stool. as if i just almost ripped her arms off making her face me. this chick had some serious mental issues.

"What is your problem?" she said with her stupid bubbly-bubble-gum popping voice that would rub the pope the wrong way.

I didn't say anything I just stood there. Staring at her. I knew it would make her even more angry but like I could care less. All I wanted to do was sit in my stupid bar stoor and listen to my stupid music and feel sorry for my stupid self. But no, she had to come along and be her usual bitch self and ruin my wallowing. Which pissed me off to no end.

I could care less if I made her mad.

"Are you deaf? Or is Ashor's coma affecting you too?" she said snidly I bit back a growl. No one talks about ashor with that tone but me.

I turned back around trying to get back to my stool to calm myself down again, but no Miss bitch had to just grab my arm again.

"Stop being such a fucking grotesque zombie bug, the grotesque part I know you can't help" she said with a smirk. "But stop it makes you look even more pathetic. Ashor's an idiot for picking you. Mate. HA. Makes me laugh. More like a leech..." she seethed still trying to turn me around.

I wurled around my fist collided with her nose with a satisfying crack.

I then walked back to Ashor's room, all the time hearing kayla screaming and cussing how this wasn't over and blah blah blah.

So much for not punching anyone anymore.