FEARLESS( a Seth Clearwater love story)5

CHAPTER 5

Lilly’s POV

“Lilly, do you know what happened?” Edward asked after he calmed down.

“No, I just feel… really drawn to him…” Like he’s mine, I say the last part for only my brother to know.

Edward let out another growl.

“I’m going to kill that kid!” he yelled.

“Why?!” I shouted back.

“He imprinted,” Alice explained, coming in through the open front door. “Sorry, Edward, I tried to get here as fast as I could.” She added.

“It’s okay Alice, we weren’t going to be able to stop. Even with the warning,” Carlisle sighed.

“I know, I was worried though, because I saw Lilly’s future disappear the same time as Nicole’s. Is she alright?”

Edwards’s expression changed anger anger into pain, I know he really liked this girl, but come on. Edward ignored my smart remark and placed his head in his hands.

“She’s ok,” I said.

Edward snorted. “Ok!? This thing is killing her!” He choked out.

“Hey! If you forgot I'm one of those things!” I yelled back, getting in my brothers face.

He might have been a foot taller than me, but I still scared him. I was his baby sister; he always wanted what was best for me. He wanted me happy 24/7 and he was going to do anything to make that happen. He was over protective, he was not going to let anybody hurt me, even if that meant him. Edward backed down.

“I’m sorry Lilly,” he said, a little more softly. 

I nodded, too upset to speak.   

Days passed and Nicole was only getting worse, I swear I never saw my brother anymore. I was sitting on the back porch trying to pass the time, but that seemed very difficult, both Edward and Leah got mad when Seth and I saw each other. I didn't see why; from what Jake told me about imprinting it doesn't matter if they try to keep us apart, the imprint is still there and will always be there. I was Seth’s whole world and I took pride in that. Time always seemed to drag on when I was not with him, it wasn't exactly much fun either.

“Hey there,” said the familiar sweet voice I knew all too well.

“Seth! What are you doing here?” I gasped, getting up as fast as I could and running to him. I wrapped my pale arms around his waist

“Sneaking out,” he said with a grin.

“I was just thinking about you,” I said, blush creeping up on my pale cheeks.

“Something good, I hope,” his grin widened at that.

“Definitely.”

“What’s he doing here?” I heard the faint sound of my brother’s voice.

“Edward, don’t, just let her be,” Alice replied.

“You can’t stop it,” Jasper added.

Edward growled and ignored these comments. I heard his footsteps in human speed probably thinking I wouldn’t notice.

“So do you feel like going for a run?” I asked.

Seth nodded and ran behind a tree so he could phase.

“Hurry!” I shouted.

A sandy colored wolf appeared and we started to run. I knew Edward was faster than me but maybe he would get the hint. We stopped once we knew we were safe from Edward. Seth went behind a tree and phased back. I waited with my back turned away from the tree, it was nice to have my thoughts to myself and not have to worry about my nosy older brothers trying to listen in.