Chapter Nine: My Male Mate?! Is That Even Possible?!

Hey... So this is in Brody's POV so I'm not sure how that's going to work out. So.... I guess this'll be a surprise for all of us:) Oh! And I'm not sure if any of you noticed but I went back and changed the position Brody playes on the football team. Instead of him playing linebacker, he will be playing quarterback. Sorry for any confusion. I meant to put quarterback in the first place but I just wasn't thinking when I wrote that plus I don't know anything including football.

 A little later in the chapter, the point of view changes back to Adrian, so I hope there isn't any confusion. I will put Adrian's POV in bold when in changes as to clear any confusion:)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Brody

   I felt extremely tired as we drove back from the Alphas' meeting five states away. It was Friday and I've had to miss school yesterday and today. I don't really like missing school all that much because then you have to go back and deal with a bunch of pissed teachers and loads of make up work, but there are always the occasions where I need to be at some meeting- therefor, I usually end up missing some school every now and then.

  Even though I'm exhausted, I know I'll end up going home for a few minutes before going back out with either my Beta, Zayden or my girlfriend, Alyssa. I don't feel like having to deal with Alyssa so I think I'll hang out with Zayden. With my lack of sleep, I don't think I'd be able to deal with Alyssa's attitude or her constant annoying whining. I don't think I'd be able to keep my cool.

 Plus she's already been bugging the hell out of me with some stupid drama about some homosexual at our school. Honestly, I'm not against gays. They're allowed to love just like me and everyone else.

   As I pulled up to the pack house, I sighed and gathered my things and started walking to the house. I entered the front door and was on my way to the stairs when I bumped into Zayden.

 Speaking of the devil. I thought with a lazy grin.

 "Hey man, how was the meeting?" Zayden asked and smirked amusingly when I glared at him half heartily

 "Plenty of arguing, I can tell you that." I growled out- suddenly annoyed at the mention of all the Alphas' arguing like little kids.

 "Sounds like you didn't have a very good time." Zayden said while using our mind link to communicate, instead of talking aloud. I growled softly in response while pulling my lips in a snarl. Like I said, I'm not in a good mood- at all. Zayden only kept his smirk in place while shaking his head in amusement. I continued the rest of the way up the stairs. I knew he was following me up the stairs so I just continued as if I was ignoring him.

 I heard him snort behind me and wondered what he was thinking about.I was half tempted to breach his protective walls of his mind and find out, but immediately tossed that thought away, because that would be sort of breaking the trust between us. None of us want to have our minds read unwillingly. We made it to the second floor and started walking to my room. I opened my door and walked to my bed and dumped everything on there for me to deal with later and I made sure my phone and wallet was still in my pockets before grabbing Zayden gently and walking right back out of my room and down the stairs and out the door.

 I felt Zayden sending me the feeling of confusion and briefly pondered the idea of not telling him what I was planning, but decided against it.

 "We're going to the mall." I stated simply.

 "Aren't you tired?"  He inquired while we hopped back into my car which was still cool which was a great relief from the blistering heat outside.

 "Yeah, but i don't feel like resting just yet. I feel this weird need to go to the mall,"  I wasn't kidding when I said I felt like I needed to. It's like this weird pull that I can't ignore and makes me restless.

 **

 As we walked into the mall, my wolf started getting antsy. I didn't know what was going on or why he was acting so out of character, but it has something to do with the mall- that much is obvious. Zayden was walking behind me and snickered every now and then, and I felt his eyes on me the majority of the time.

 After running into some pack friends, we continued on our way. They acted a bit strange; most of them coudn't contain their laughter. About what, I still have yet to find out. I felt the sudden need to piss so I walked to the bathroom, dragging Zayden with me, and went into into a stall- while Zayden stayed by the sinks. I hate going to the urinals- they freaked me out and always have.

 As I was doing my business, I noticed something weird on my pants near the back. I moved my Sponge Bob Square Pants underwear- just don't ask - and gasped at the sight of a huge hole in the back of my pants. I took a deep breath and acted as if I hadn't noticed anything. I finished up and came out of the stall. I washed my hands and dried them, before checking to see if anyone was in the bathroom (I was already embarrassed enough.) Once I was sure it was only us, I sucker punched the ever so amused Zayden in the stomach and growled viciously at him.

 He groaned and slumped over on his knees as he clutched his abdomen.

 "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME I HAD A HUGE ASS HOLE IN MY PANTS!?" I screamed/growled at him. He shrunk back a little bit before softly chuckling. I swear I could just-

 "Because I was board and wanted entertainment, and you my friend, turned out to be that entertainment." After I heard that, I was about to lunge. I went forward to do just that, but then thought better and how my Dad would kill me if he found out we got in a fight like this. I took a deep breath so I don't rip his head off and walked out of the bathroom and straight to the nearest store which just so happened to be Spencers. I smiled a small smile as I stepped into the dark store.

 I started looking at their skinny jeans and when I found some nice black skinny jeans, I wandered to the back of the store where the sex toys and the likes were. I was just roaming around when suddenly someone knocked into me, knocking us both down. Before I could even register the sparks I was feeling, I voiced my thoughts.

 "What the hell?" I said and the boys head snapped my way and I gasped softly at how absolutely perfect he was. He looked about my age. I looked passed him to see a boy who looked a few years older laughing hysterically with a pair of fake boobs around his neck. I wanted to laugh at how ridiculous the situation looks, but I'm distracted by the sparks I'm currently feeling. The boy gave the older one a frantic look- for what reason, I have no idea. The older boy's laughter stopped rather abruptly and he dropped the fake boobs. Realization flooded his face and he seemed to study us, both still sprawled on the floor, before he rushes over to us and grabbed the boys arm and jerked him up before rushing out of the store, dragging the adorable boy behind him. I growled softly and almost didn't catch the frantic 'sorry' he passed to me before disappearing out of sight.

 Just before the boy was out of sight, he glanced back at me with a weird look on his face, but it was so quick, I couldn't decipher it.

 What were those sparks? He can't be my mate.... It's unheard of. And- and I'm not gay!

 Then what were those sparks? Thinking he was adorable? Being over protective when the other guy grabbed his arm? How do you explain that? My wolf spoke to me and my eyes widened. Surely, he doesn't actually think I have a boy for a mate... Right?

_____________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay. Yes, yes I know it's short, but I'm sorry:/ Things are a bit tough right now and the guilt was starting to eat at me for not updating. So, there ya go^_^ Song to the side is Fix You by Cold Play