Prologue

Hello, I'm Adrian. I'm 17, a Senior in high school, I have black hair that hangs in my eyes and grey eyes, and I'm gay. Yep, you heard me. Gay. Only the thing is that I'm more of a closet gay. Nobody knows except for family and my best friend, Katherine. I've been meaning to tell my other best friend, Jason, but I keep chickening out. See, not a lot of people are supportive of gay people. Hence the reason I am a closet gay.

Gay people are looked at as scum on the bottom of peoples shoes. Why would I go through that if I can keep things the way they are now? I'm just... Ignored. Hey, it's better than getting bullied. There have been a few times were I have run into some jocks trying to beat this guy because he was gay. Needless to say my blood was boiling. I defended the kid and they left him alone..... For an hour.

So you can see why I wouldn't want to 'come out of the closet.' Who would? Oh yeah, those guys who have people who can effectively stop the bullying. I don't really have someone who could. That goes to school with me, of course. My older brothers would in a heartbeat, but they go to collage away from home. My friend, who doesn't know, would only start to get bullied himself and I wouldn't allow that. It even sounds absolutely ridiculous. 'Try and stop the bullying of a gay guy when most likely what would happen is the bullying would migrate.' See? Ridiculous.

I wouldn't let it happen because it would get worse and if they are trying to stop it then in my book they are a friend, so if it was happening to me then why would I want it to happen to someone else? See, when you think about it, it all makes complete sense. That's how I see it.

So yeah, I'm secretly gay and I don't plan on that ever changing.