Him and Me- Twenty Three.

NEW COVER MADE BY SIMPLEBUTAWESOME <3

______________________________________________________________________________

A hand wrapped around my wrist, and I tore my eyes away from Kyle’s retreating form and turned to look at Colby. His chin was resting on his hand, elbow propped up on the table, and he had a crooked smile on his face.

“You okay?” He asked.

I gave him a small nod. “Yeah,” I answered. Colby let go of my wrist and having found nothing better to do, I began to twist the Snickers wrapper in my hands.

Slumping on my seat, I began to think about how Kyle behaved a few minutes ago. I had never seen him like that. His eyes were dark, so dark that they were almost black. As I looked back on how his face looked like, with his lips set in a straight line, tensed jaw, and those eyes—the feeling in my stomach intensified, and I honestly felt like I was going to pull an Eric right then and there. I took a deep breath to try and control the uneasy feeling spreading through me. It was like a tingling sensation, but not the good kind.

No, it was definitely not good.

It was an unexplainable, foreign feeling, and I didn’t like it. At all.

Suddenly my stool was spun around, and I almost cried out as my hand shot out to grab the table to steady myself. I blinked and found myself face to face with Colby. Frowning, I shifted in my seat and tightened my ponytail before asking, “What?”

Colby leaned towards me and stopped just a couple of inches from my face, our foreheads almost touching.

“You’re not really okay, are you?” He asked gently.

The intensity in his green eyes contradicted the gentleness of his voice. The look in his eyes was so intense that almost made me feel like I was drowning, and I actually had to catch my breath. I lowered my eyes, the same time when I felt my resolve did.

I shook my head. “Not really,” I answered quietly.

A sigh escaped Colby’s lips, and when his hand grabbed on mine, just then I realized that I was still twisting the poor Snickers wrapper. It was torn and creased and looking pitiful.

“First, stop abusing the wrapper—it absolutely has no fight against you,” Colby said. Despite of the situation, I managed a slight chuckle.

Colby took the wrapper from my hands and set it on the table. I sneaked a glance up at him, and saw that he was still looking at me. Immediately I averted my gaze, not wanting to see those strong eyes of his.

From my downward gaze, I saw Colby’s finger poke my knee.

“You wanna go home?” I heard him ask.

I ran my hands back and forth my jean-clad thighs and nodded.

“Yeah, let’s go home.”

*****

Riding Colby’s motorcycle was easily becoming one of my favorite things to do.

This might seem weird, but to me it was relaxing. Almost therapeutic.

Since I had brought my truck, I had to find Cynthia and ask her if I could just get my truck the next day. Luckily, Cynthia was just entering the kitchen after Colby and I decided to just go home. She had said it should be no problem, and I was free to go there any time to get my truck. Of course she had tried to convince us to stay, but once she saw how firm I was in going home, she backed down and just thanked us for coming.

She grabbed me in a loose hug and whispered, “Kyle was sulking. Tell me everything.”

I didn’t even know what to tell, to be honest. Or if there was something to tell.