Him and Me- Twenty Two.

A hand clamped over my mouth and muffled my scream. My hands gripped the arm that was attached to the hand on my mouth, trying to pry it away, but the person was too strong. I contemplated trying to stand up, but this person brought a hand down on my shoulder, forcing me to sit still. My heart was going crazy doing somersaults inside my chest but I told myself to remain calm. Well, as calm as I could possibly be as thoughts ran through my mind.

It was like a scene from a slasher movie. Any moment now I would feel something cool against my skin, and my attacker would force my head to look at the huge knife he was holding, right beside my neck. A shiver ran through my spine.

This was not happening. I tried my best to force myself not to think about those horrible thoughts. After all, the person behind me had not pulled out a knife yet. At that, I almost groaned in to the hand clasped over my mouth when I remembered the time when Colby scared the heck out of me hiding at the back of my truck. I had thought of a crazed axe murderer then, and now I thought about a slasher.

Great imagination, Kayla.

My eyes were wide as I tried to control the thoughts running through my head. They then immediately narrowed when I heard chuckling. The chuckles were very, very familiar. Then my heartbeat started to normalize, and my fear was quickly replaced with the urge to strangle someone.

A person standing behind me right now, in particular.

He spoke softly against my ear again, not releasing his hand on my mouth, and the one on my shoulder.

“You’re scared too easily.”

Amusement was clear in his voice, and I rolled my eyes and spoke in his mouth. My words were jumbled since his hand was still over my mouth, making it difficult to speak. Again, he spoke.

“What did you say? I can’t hear you.”

My hands clenched into fists, and he must’ve felt anger pouring out my pores because he let go of my mouth and my shoulder. Immediately I whirled around, and there stood Tyler, his hands up in surrender, but no way did I miss the playful smirk on his face.

“What the hell did you do that for?” I shouted, putting my hands up in the air in anger. I shot him a death glare as I stood up and in an instant the smile disappeared from his face and was replaced by an apologetic expression. If I wasn’t mad right now, I would’ve laughed at that abrupt change. There was still a hint of amusement on his face though, and that urge to strangle him rushed through my veins once again.

“Whoa I’m sorry,” Tyler said, but I could tell he wasn’t sorry at all because he was so obviously trying to hold back a laugh. “I had no idea you would react like that.”

Again, I rolled my eyes. Was he serious? Anyone would’ve screamed if someone suddenly sneaked up on them, while being in a place he or she had never been to before! Plus, this was a glass house in the middle of a huge garden. Who wouldn’t be scared when all of a sudden someone whispered in his or her ear?

“Yeah, right,” I grumbled, turning around so that my back was on him. “I would very much like to hurt you right now.”

“Aw, I’m sorry,” he repeated, and now I could hear the sincerity in his voice. I felt Tyler’s chin rest on the top of my head, and as much as I disliked him at that moment, I couldn’t help the small smile from appearing on my face. After all, it was a sweet gesture. He spoke again, and his chin started to move against my head.

“Am I forgiven?”

“No,” I muttered. The pressure on my head ceased and rustling sounds followed, before the bench underneath me dipped. Tyler’s arm suddenly went around my shoulders and he crushed me to his side, despite my struggle to get out of his grasp. I knew he wasn’t going to let go after a while though, so I stopped trashing about.