Chapter Ten: Forgotten Life

My hopeless silent days with Sam came to a conclusion when he unwillingly allowed me to go back to school. It was already Wednesday, and I knew I would have a whole bucket load of make-up homework. Does this torture ever end?

Sitting in the passenger seat of Sam’s navy blue Ford Fiesta brought uncomfortable shivers throughout my body. He wouldn’t allow me to walk to school, having the fear that I would run, which was a good guess. Yes, the instant I had a chance I would leap for the escape door, but knowing rightfully that Sam would be on the other side there to stop me.

Mr. Noelnder had finally convinced the very reluctant Sam to allow me to continue my education. Not that I was overly excited to go to school and face Anna or anyone in that extent, but it was some time away from Sam. I needed space from him, even if it was for a short time. And Sam was making sure it was for only a short time. I am required to see him for two hours everyday. He could have just asked for six more and had me secluded in his office for the rest of my pathetic life.

Sam grabbed my wrist and basically dragged me into his office. I should have guessed that my ‘talking time’ with Sam would start the instant I stepped on the holy ground of the so-called-blessed-school.

I was sat down on the couch Sam put me on after Kevin assaulted me. Except, Sam was going to do the same exact thing, but more. I shivered and held back tears of remembrance of my almost D-day. (Death Day)

“Ginger!”

He was flawless, wasn’t he? He sounded so demanding and adult like that I didn’t take his word seriously. He wouldn’t harm me, at least I didn’t think so.

He clutched his hands into fists and grumbled over towards me. I thought he was going to punch me or at least make it known that he was the superior one in this situation. Except, he only sat next to me and handed me shyly a cup filled with a clear liquid.

My instinct was to just stare and that was what I did in confusion, not willing myself to open my mouth and allow the sweet flavored words come out. I might have gone mute, but Sam always had ways around my well protected bubble, my now penetrated bubble, which was widely open for the mysterious man, Sam.

Sam’s hand came across the small of my back and pulled me softly into his awaiting body. His large clammy hands engulfed me completely and held me close, making sure that I was securely in place. I drank in his warmth and allowed him to lay me down on the couch with him on top. It wasn’t like I had much of a choice, but I didn’t struggle this time. I loved feeling safe and safe was in the spiritual form of Sam. I know it was wrong to care about someone who has hurt me, but Sam always was the one to made me feel alive or at least better than wishing I was dead.

I haven’t forgot about wanting to die either. It is just that every time Sam touched me, my body instinctively allowed him in. I wished I hadn’t had a change of heart, yet, being locked up with Sam for several days and nights, might just be the culprit who twisted my entangled fate.

Sam shifted awkwardly, “Ginger?” I searched his face and found nothing but sadness in his distant eyes. The one’s that allured me to him in the first place. That could be the next step.

Eventually I would let my guard down and allow Sam to enter my pitiful life fully and openly. I couldn’t help but think about how that certain idea could blow me off the face of the earth. My life would be in ruins and I would be in worse shape than what I am in now.

No! I can’t and won’t have Sam in my life. I have to find a way to get away from him, no matter the consequences, even the one where he would lock me up in his apartment if I was ever caught trying elude him again. And I was going to make sure he didn’t capture me when I do my disappearing act.