Chapter Seven: The Frightened Beauty

• Dedicated to Melanie (the best little sis there is)

Chapter Seven: The Frightened Beauty

“Stay away from me,” I screeched as Sam tried to calm me down. His attempts were useless; I was beyond frightened and wasn’t thinking rational anymore. My head hurt and body ached from Kevin basically laying on top of me. The image of him almost assaulting me made me start crying, hard.

Sam moved forward, not listening to my cries and pleas for him to not come near me. “Ginger?” His hand comes close to my face, but I flinch back in fright. I close my tired filled eyes and pushed myself into a protected ball.

My shaking became violent as I went cold as Sam’s hand cupped my cheek and chin. He forced me to stare straight into his unbelievably green eyes. They were telling me that he was kind, gentle and wouldn’t hurt me, but I wasn’t listening.

I tried to pull his hand away with my hand, but he took that as an opportunity to grab it. He held it to his heart and forced me to stay that way. I was scared and tried uselessly to escape him and his grasp.

“Please, stop fighting me, Ginger. Your safe now. Kevin won’t hurt you.”

“You know nothing about Kevin!” I yelled as I couldn’t help, but to burst. If I didn’t release something soon, I would be dead. I can’t live this way anymore. My body can’t with hold the pain and emotions inside. My body was just about to explode.

I added coldly, “And I’m never safe with you.”

Sam’s face became distant and full of sorrow. He didn’t like me not trusting him, but he hadn’t really given me any reason to trust him. Every time I went to see him, he always touched me on the face and arms, making me feel extremely tired. I wasn’t just going to fall into his arms and let him take care of me.

On Thursday, I tried to skip and hide from him, but he somehow found me peacefully reading a book in one of the seven storage closets. I wasn’t able to escape him and believe me when I say that I tried, hard.

The most shocking thing was when Sam got me to stare straight into his hypnotizing eyes and grasped my thin waist line, where he brought me into his strong body. He made me feel more than tired. Sam was going to kidnap me one way or the other. That was the only conclusion I had come up with, especially since he admitted it at the hospital. From then on, I didn’t trust an ounce of him.

Sam’s hand on my chin and cheek left and trailed down to my collarbone to my heart. He was paying attention to how fast it beat. The instant he closed eyes, I bolted for the door. My small hand entangled with the door handle and pushed for it to open, but Sam was there to stop me the instant I got up.

“Let me go!”

Sam’s expression stayed the same as he got control over me by drilling me backwards into the wall opposite of the only exit. I bet that if I opened that door now a light from the pearly gates would be there to welcome me, to comfort me and take all my pain away. But I was stuck with Sam, someone who could just as easily assault me as Kevin had. Sam was older so he could do things Kevin never heard of.

When my back hit the wall, I let out a startled cry and sunk onto the paste colored floor. I clutched my legs to my chest and huddled into another protective ball, crying softly. I wanted Sam to disappear, to go away and leave me alone.

“You need to relax, Ginger,” proclaimed Sam as he knelt down to me and forced me into his grasp and held me tight against him. “You can’t deny your feelings towards me forever.”

I was only able to move just enough to search Sam’s gentle eyes. “I don’t have feelings for you Sam. Now, let me go!” I shoved hard against Sam, knowing rightfully that my attempts were childish and useless. Sam had a steel grasp.