Chapter Nine: Aisakos the Bird

It wasn’t surprising that when I awoke from my slumber that I felt a strong arm straddling around my sore waist and pressed against the hard body of Sam. He must have gotten tired enough to fall asleep. Knowing him, he probably stayed up as long as he could, making his body physically shut down before he retired to his needed rest.

His firm grasp made it nearly impossible for me to just lift up his arm and walk off as if nothing unusual happened. Sam didn’t even twitch as I evacuated from his overly protective body. I wonder if someone knocked Sam out because he was out like a log, keeping a peaceful breathing pattern through his nose.

Even though Sam had basically kidnapped me and kept me here with him against my will; I still had some feeling that I was falling for him.

“I love you.”

No! Sam can’t fall in love with me! I’m only sixteen for God’s sack. It’s wrong. I’m going to leave whether he likes it or not. A two paneled window gave me the perfect idea of an escape plan. It opened fairly easy and didn’t make the slightest noise to warn the sleeping Sam.

The window was open and my freedom was just a couple feet above ground. Great, now I have to jump and would most likely hurt myself in the process. Sam would then hear me and be able to recapture me. I wouldn’t have a fighting chance.

Well, I’m took the risk of being hurt, rather than waiting for Sam to release me. Which probably wouldn’t happen. I silently prayed that this wouldn’t hurt to much and spiritually wished I could be in peace-- peace with my deceased parent’s that I longed to see again.

“I’m coming home, mom,” I whispered as I stood on the now opened window and positioned myself to the leading edge and ----------

It took me a moment to comprehend how I suddenly, mysteriously ended back on the floor. The bird that transformed into a human in my dream, was now twitching to the left of me. My natural Ginger instincts kicked in and overpowered me to nurse the Chickadee.

It’s small body pulsated and twitched violently, till it just abruptly stopped, opening its hell like colored eyes. My mind was stuck gazing into those eyes, until the Chickadee evaded its form and turned into a familiar man.

I instantly shoved myself backwards till I hit one of four crimson colored walls. They reminded me of blood dripping off of a helpless victim, who’s eyes open slightly to reveal their silent screams for help. Nothing but darkness and sinful intentions broke through to show the innocent victims sorrowful life.

My over used brain started to work and I helplessly scream for help, not caring if the kidnapping Sam heard. I wasn’t sure which one I was more afraid of: pit of hell guy or aggressive kidnapping guy.

Then, as if I suddenly noticed that I flipped a page of a Disney book, the scenery appeared blurred and distant, finally puckering out into a forest of elm, oak, and spruce trees. Snow dusted the surface, sparkling against the full moon.

“Hello,” I cautiously called, making myself shiver as a nonexistent breeze scraped my sore shoulder blades.

A blurred image of a person slowly navigated towards my sitting spot and gently sat across from me, smiling a heart warming smile. He reminded me of myself, especially when I was a youngster.

He remained silent, breathing in only through his nose and exhaling through his mouth, making a slight breeze of mixed emotions. I couldn’t help myself, “Who are you?” Of course I had millions upon millions of questions to ask him, but that one seemed relevant enough to start off with. And if this was going to be a regular thing, then it would be nice to know his name.