Chapter 20 - Dokkalfur Law

Jake's POV:

Jake tried his best to grab Rex's arm that was holding the blade while the two of them collided and knocked over several countertops that were holding who knows what. Jake didn't understand why Rex had gone from the cheery and often sarcastic pain in the ass that he'd come to know, to this aggressive and shadowy person that was trying to kill him now. Whatever the reason Jake didn't have much time to contemplate it, especially if he wanted to keep his throat from getting slashed.

The two of them rolled to the side with Jake on top and still trying to get a hold of Rex's arm so he could get rid of that knife, but Rex's smaller frame was proving to be a hard obstacle to contend with while they were so close. Something else that he wasn't counting on either was just how strong Rex was proving to be while the two of them wrestled, for such a small guy he was unnaturally physically powerful. As the two continued to fight for the blade Jake began to notice just how firm and put together the dark elf was, he had to have been in even better shape than Jake because he eventually managed to literally throw him right off.

Jake felt the wind get driven from his lungs by the impact he'd just taken from being thrown and suddenly found his shoulders being pinned down by Rex's knees while he lowered the blade closer and closer to Jake's throat. Seeing the knife getting closer and closer Jake finally felt a burst of adrenaline and air quickly flooded his lungs with air and he muscled his way up throwing Rex to the side. The elf boy looked to have been slightly taken aback by Jake's recovery as he got to his feet with a stone-like face. Jake was back on his feet as well but unlike Rex, he had absolutely no weapons on him unless he brought out his Skin but that would take a moment. And with someone with Rex's training a moment would be all it would take to die.

"Why are you-" Jake tried saying but was cut off by Rex lashing out with his blade which Jake managed to dodge though just barely.

Okay, so obviously he has no interest in talking. Jake thought to himself ducking one more stabbing motion from that knife before grabbing onto it. Fine. Jake stood to his full height with Rex's arm still within his grasp hitting the other boy in the armpit making him drop the knife. But Rex seeing that Jake was trying to get it for himself managed to kick it to some corner of the store before lifting himself up and wrapping his legs around Jake's arm. The move made Jake bend over, giving Rex complete control of his arm which he gladly used to his advantage. He tugged and yanked on Jake's arm trying to pull his arm out of its socket but there was no way in hell Jake was going to let that happen.

He lowered his body as close to Rex's as he dared giving some control of his arm back and put the other boy in a very uncomfortable position. He was persistent though trying his hardest to keep his grip on Jake's arm while Jake himself positioned himself to lift Rex off the floor and slam him just as he'd done to that young girl. He underestimated Rex though who shifted his knee right in front of Jake's jaw while he was in the air and wrapped his hands around the back of Jake's head. By the time he realized what the other boy was doing it was too late and Jake was already letting himself fall straight down.

Rex's body hit first with a hard thud and Jake heard him wheeze as the air was driven from his lungs for a change, but with the impact Jake's jaw was slammed right onto the tip of Rex's knee. There was a bright flash and Jake was seeing stars after a hit like that. He rolled off of Rex's body trying to regain his senses but it was no use. The hit he'd taken was making his ears ring and the edges of his vision were beginning to blur letting him know that he most likely had a concussion, or at the very least he'd very nearly been knocked out cold. In any case he knew he had to recover first before Rex did and there was only one way he could think of that'd help him do that.

Reaching up to his collar bone Jake pulled out his necklace and tapped the jewel in its center twice in a row making a veil of light envelope most of his body. Jake was grateful for the warmth that was overtaking him at the moment and everything began to feel much clearer as his Skin began to wrap itself around him. When the light finally died down Jake's dark clothes were replaced by the tough leathery material of his skin from his toes all the way up to the base of his neck. Already he was feeling better but in the back of his mind he already began to feel as if there was another person inside of his head but he couldn't think about that right now, not while Rex was still on the ground wheezing.