{Chapter Six} ~ Fallen

She left behind one of her glass slippers, which the Prince cautiously took

I danced with this masked man for hours, sharing stories and laughing all night.

He told me of his 12 other brothers and how he was the youngest of them all. If I had that many brothers, I'd go crazy!

"Sometimes it gets lonely, my dad always pushes me around now-a-days and never let's me do anything myself." He told me.

"That sounds quite like me and my step-mom. Always bossing me around!"

He'd laugh at my response and I lightly giggled. I had lost Yukka somewhere within all of this.

Lost...

I had also lost track of time! I sharply averted my gaze towards the huge clock on the wall.

11:56 pm.?!

This can't be happening. Step-devil said... SHE'D BE BACK BY 12!

"Excuse me, I need to leave. I'm sorry." I slithered out of his grasp and rushed towards the stairs.

"Wait! I want to know your name!" I heard him yell and run after me. I did not look back, I also didn't notice my bracelet had slipped off when I was running for my life. I ran through the crown and down the stairs and made it to the road.

I stepped inside Yukka's limo and told the driver to drive to my house and return for Yukka. The car engines started and he drove off.

~

I had arrived at my mansion and dashed down the stairs whilst undressing. I put my old rags on stuffed my sparkled dress under my mat. I went to the washroom and did all I could to get rid of my makeup.
The clock struck twelve and the demons came home. I had made it in time. But I realized that a certain object on my wrist was missing.

Oh no, it must've...

Fallen.