[Chapter 30]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters or McKenzie Mckay and her family!

[Chapter 30]

            Libby and Andrew made their way to the hut as they crept along the hut—nightfall overcoming their sight as they made their way to the door. “Are you sure there is even anybody here?” Andrew asked as he looked at the redhead who was trying to look in the window, but alas it was fairly tall.

“There has to be, Hagrid usually doesn’t leave his hut when there is still a fire in the fireplace.” Libby replied as she made her way to the door, pressing her ear against the door to see if she could hear anybody on the other side. When she didn’t hear any voices or anybody on the other side, however, it made her a bit uneasy.

“Hear anything?” Andrew asked next to her as Libby shook her head “Is that good?”

“I’m not sure,” Libby stated as she bites down on her lip, “It could be, but that could mean that nobody is home. Come on.” She said as she opened the door, the wand still in her hand as she walked into the hut, greeted by the warm sense of familiarity as she looked inside.

It was a small one room cabin that held Hagrids’ large massive bed in one corner, on the other side was a fire going with large kettle pot boiling water. On the other end of the wall was a small little area where Hagrid prepared his food and mostly sat to eat, two large chairs perched by the table as Libby took in the hanging hams and pheasants on the walls. Libby looked over to where the bed was and a smile broke out on her face as she saw Fang sleeping loudly at the end of the bed. “Fang!” Libby exclaimed loudly as she looked at the old dog that perched its head up and looked at Libby with droopy eyes. “Oh Fang, it’s so good to see you!” Libby replied with a large smile as she kissed Fang on the head and looked over at Andrew who was still standing in the doorway. “Well are you going to come in or let all of Hagrids hot air out?”

Andrew stepped over the threshold, still slightly weary of the place he was in. The cabin was big, but it was old and looked like a dump from his standards. Plus he was kind of alarmed by the dog that was sitting on the bed. “Why are we here?” Andrew asked as he stepped further in the cabin while Libby loved on the dog. Fang, finally took notice of Andrew—since he’s gotten so old he’s lost a few of his senses—and started to growl at the young man. Andrew alarmed by the growl, placed himself flat against the wall of the cabin as he looked at the dog.

“It’s okay Fang, Andrew is a friend.” Libby replied easily as Fang looked over at her and licked her cheek; Andrew made a disgusted face at the long tongue of beast. Libby laughed joyfully, happy that there was something still good, she stood up from the bed and looked over at Andrew with a raised eyebrow. “You can stop gripping the wall as if it’s a lifeline now. Fang isn’t going to hurt you, he just didn’t see you before and thought you were intruder.”

“I wasn’t gripping the wall.” Andrew replied as he moved away from the wall and glanced over at the large dog wearily before looking back at Libby Weasley who was looking around the hut. She then proceeded to move towards the boiling kettle and lifted it off the perch, placing it down on the ground. “What are we doing here?”