Chapter 10 YEA!!!!

After breakfast, Ryker decided that he would take me on a grand tour of the house, which I agreed to. The whole house seemed to be done in dark colors with splashes of silver and white thrown in. He first showed me the living room. It was downstairs from the kitchen, but both rooms shared the same large glass window. The stairs going down were white and connected to the window; they were not connected, only block descending one after the other. The actual room had a black and white them going on. There was a large white square bookcase that was elevated on a foot wide black platform. The TV was mounted to the wall on a black panel that matched the platform. The bookcase held Ryker’s X-Box, PS3, Blue Ray Player, Wii and TiVo; every other cubby was filled with books. 

I fingered their old worn spines. None of them had titles on the cover, but Ryker answered my question before I could ask it. 

“There about my kind and all other mythic beings. They are very old and are passed down from generation to generation, alpha to alpha. The hold the prophesies and the linage of my family.”

I nodded and contused to look around the room. There was a large comfy looking black leather couch that was facing the bookcase and the TV. In between the couch and the entertainment area there was a black wood coffee table that was covered in The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times. A shag rug covered the white floor; it was soft on my bear feet. 

The next room that we went into was one that I had already visited. Ryker’s bedroom was also done up in a modern theme. The floor was a dark stained hardwood, and the bed seemed to be made of the same material. The two bedside tables were made of the same wood as the bed, but underneath the glass top there were thousands of small slightly metallic stones.  The wall in front of the bed was a large glass sliding door. 

Ryker led me outside on to the personal deck that was located there. It over looked the lush forest. There was a small circular pool, which mirrored a larger one that I had seen out the kitchen window.

“Do you want to go for a swim?” Ryker asked me.

I stuck my foot into the water. The temperature was perfect, “I would, but I don’t have a suit.” 

“You can always skinny dip. Trust me I wouldn’t mind,” He said giving me a cheeky. I shot him a glare, “but really if you wanted to swim I think that Chloe left a suit of her here the other day.” 

For some reason a fire ignited in my soul. The idea of her ever being with him left me sick to my stomach. A fearsome nose came out of my throat, something near a growl but not quite. Ryker ripped his head around to me, quicker than I could imagine. His eyes were white, allowing me to see all of the irises. 

“She shouldn’t be able to make that nose. She has not blond in her system. If she did she would have shifted,” he mumbled to himself quietly. 

I shouldn’t have been able to heat him but for some strange reason his words came in loud and clear.

“What did you say?” I asked him.

His head whipped up again, just like earlier. “I’m sorry Sahara, but I have realized that I need to talk to my father about something. We need to get back to the main house. I promise that we’ll have that skinny dip together another time,” he said with a wink and a smirk.

He loaded me into a garage similar to the one that had been underneath the one that I had been taken to just after my capture. He loaded me into a large, classic hummer, and we headed back towards the mansion.

As soon as we got back, Ryker dropped me off on his sister, Gwen. Things were a little awkward for me but she seemed completely unaffected by the idea that the girl she was talking to had just spent two nights isolated in the woods with her brother. Still she completely friendly and even offered to go shopping with me sometime soon. As she worded it, “Wearing my brothers sweats isn’t going to win you any fashion awards.”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><>

Ryker’s POV:

When she let out that growl my whole world shifted. The possibility that she had a wolf living inside of her would mean that I would still be able to be the alpha that I wanted to be. Before I was contemplating not taking over the southeastern packs and just staying the alpha of our pack. Sahara would be too weak, too delicate to handle any attacks that would arise, and I was not about to allow my mate to die because of my job. But if she was a wolf, then I could go on as planned.  

“Dad!” I yelled running into his office.

“Son, is she ok? What had happened? Are we under attack?” He replied standing up so fast that he knocked his chair over backwards. 

“No everything is fine, but I thought that you told me that Sahara was human.”

“She is to the best of my knowledge she is. We had a patrol team watch her house. All that we got was that her human father was abusive, and that they were both human. Our men would have been able to pick up her sent if she was a wolf. Why?”

“When I mentioned my past relationship with Chole she growled, without knowing that she did. And then I was taking to my wolf under my breath about it and she picked up on what I was saying perfectly. Do we know anything about her mother?” 

“No only that she died when Sahara was younger.” 

“Do you think she could be a hybrid?”

“It’s certainly a possibility.”

“But they’re so rare. The last hybrid was two hundred years ago in Europe.” 

“Just because it’s rare doesn’t mean that it isn’t possible.”

“Don’t get your hopes up son. I don’t want you to be disappointed if she isn’t what you think she is.” 

“Yes Sir. I’m going to do some digging and then check up on Sahara. I left her with Gwen so who knows what I will find when I see her.”