Chapter 7 - part two

Hey Guys! Thank you so much for all of your support. I hope that you all like this chapter, and I would love to have an editor. Thank you for reading, vote and comment!

When I awoke in the morning Ryker was still asleep next to me. I shifted in his arms moving my head way from his chest and filliping myself on to my stomach. I looked down at him. In the afternoon light that streamed in through the flaps in the tent I realized that Ryker had a tattoo. I was pretty large, covering most of his right shoulder. It was tribal in design and a dark brown, almost black color.

I moved my finger to it and traced its contours. As I dragged my finger along Ryker's tattoo he shivered, fearing that he might wake, I pulled my hand back. Ryker reached out and grabbed it, pulling it back to his shoulder. I looked down at his face. His jade green eyes were open looking up at me with love swirling, in them.  

"I'm sorry about last night. I should have... I should have... I don't know what I should have done last night, but I should have acted the way that I did," he whispered to me, reaching up and cupping my cheek with his large palm.

Reaching up I covered his hand with my own, "Thank you for understanding that having me kidnapped went over the line, but thank you. You were right; my father wasn't the best person for me to be around."

Ryker sat up and lend down, lowering his lips to mine. My insides melted. My bones felt like jelly and my toes curled of their own accord. His hand moved from my cheek and into my hair. He placed his other hand on the small of my back and pulled me closed to him as his teeth nipped at my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I pulled back a little, and his lips moved to my neck. He found the spot behind my ear. As I moaned, I could feel his lips form into a smile against my neck.

I pulled back a bit father, pushing his shoulder. "Down boy." I laughed at him.

He chuckled and smiled at me, "This is how it is supposed to be."

I tilted my head at him and asked, "What do you mean?"

"Mates never fight. You were made for me. Our souls work together, and you are to never be separated from my side."

"Who are you tell me what I can and can't do!" I yelled at him, where did he earn all of these privileges?

"That is not what I meant my sweet. You never seem to understand me." He laughed, mocking me. 

"Oh so this is my fault? You throw me into this crazy dream world where suddenly fictional animals are real. Add on top of that you change me into one without once thinking about how I would feel about this whole mess, and now you wish to tell me that I am the one who is mistaken. Oh yeah forgot one, you also have decided that I am to be this perfect little bitch who is going to listen and obey your every word. News flash ain't happenin' so give up now and let me go one with my life. I don't want to bother with your shit." 

And here we go again back to last night's pointless bickering. I thought to myself. If he would just think before he spoke, we wouldn't have had any problems. I liked him better as the black wolf, at least then he didn't speak.  

He stood up taking the covers with him and leaving me to hastily try to cover myself with some of the pillows. "I'm going for a run," he told me in a scolding voice, "When you decide that you are ready to grow up then we will talk." With that he turned and walked out the flaps in the tent, leaving me without any clothes in the middle of the wilderness.  

"That dick!" I yelled aloud within the tent, "Uggh!"

I got up and looked around. What could I use in here? There was a discarded shirt on the floor. I quickly pulled in over my head. I pushed against one of the walls and was surprised to find a second room to the tent. Inside was a mini kitchen area with a cooler and what appeared to be some type of gas stove top. There was a vent in the ceiling of the tent to release the gases. I opened the color and pulled out a small container filled with fruit. As I ate the fruit, I walked around the rest of the tent and ventured outside. The sun was high in the sky and I figured that it was past noon. I could faintly hear the sound of water off in the distance, and I followed the sound.

I had waked a good few miles through the rough terrain and underbrush before I came to the river. I was larger than the creek that I had seen yesterday and the water appeared to be much deeper. Still it was clean, and the pebbles at the bottom of the river were visible. I dipped my toe into the water. It was cool and refreshing. I looked around. No one was close; my improved hearing assured me of that. Ryker wouldn't come looking for me for a while. I had time to spare. A swim to cool me off in the warm fall day sounded nice.

I placed my bowl of fruit on a nearby rock along with my clothes. I slipped into the cool water. It instantly calmed me. The water rushed pasted me and soon I had waded in up to my neck. I dunked my head under. Opening my eyes I saw small schools of fish rush past and a turtle come to investigated the new creature in its home.

When I came up for air I was not alone. There was a male looking at me from the other side of the river. His hair was dark and slicked back as if it were wet. His skin was tanned and he looked like it had been a while since he had last shaven. I backed up slowly; bringing my arm up to cover my nudity. I wished that I had kept Ryker's shirt on and just swam in it, no matter how annoying it would have been. As I took a step back the man took a step forward, until the water was at my knees and lapping against his chest.

In that moment I chose to turn and run. I made into the edge of- the bank, only to me knocked down by a huge creature. I appeared to be a great lion but there were two wings on its back. I scrambled up the beach, my back dragging against the rough pebbles. The creature took a step every time that I scooted back a few inches. It allowed me to reach for my shirt before grabbing me in its massive paws.

my whole body was on defensive. I could feel that the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, and a low growl came from inside my chest, warning him to step back. The lion kept coming forward as I continued to growl warningly at him. He backed my up against the large rock that I had placed my clothes on until I couldn't move back any more. He placed both of his large paws on either side of me trapping me. His large head came towards mine and I instantly cringed, fearful that he would bite me, but instead he rubbed his head against my neck, leaving his sent on me. He rested his head on top of mine and picked me in his paws.

This time I made no move to stop him. He seemed harmless and there couldn't be anyone much worse than the asshole that I was going to have go back to at some time. If his goal was to kill me he would have surely have done it by now. I didn't trust this new creature very much but he was an escape, an escape from a person who seemed to think that the female was to always be submissive and agree with the male. I had seen my father and my mother interact before her death; I knew that Ryker's way of thinking was not the kind that would make for a strong relationship.

The creature had secured me in his paws, holding me close against his chest. He nuzzled his face against my fur one more time before he took off up into the sky, flying high above the tree tops.