Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Sahara POV:

I woke in the morning, and my wolf was still next to me, but instead of me resting my head on his shoulder, he was curled up next to me. Someone had moved me into bed, and now his head was resting on my chest. I put my hand on his head and began to pet him again. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. Standing up on the bed, he leaned down and licked my face.

“Are you giving me kisses bud?” I asked him. He responded with a big friendly bark, lolling his tune out to the side. I laughed and smiled at him. He licked me again, from my forehead to my chin.

“Ok, ok enough.”     

I pushed him off and sat up.  I looked around. We were no longer in the hospital like room. This new room was very open and bright. The floor was a light wood and the wall behind my head was gray slate tile. The wall to my left was glass, a window wall that looked out over the Appalachian Mountains.

My wolf jumped off of the bed and barked at me, nodding his head towards a door on the other side of the room. I got out of the bed cringing as the cold seeped into me through my toes. The small thin spaghetti strap dress that I was wearing did little to keep the cool dawns of autumn away. I walked through the door that the wolf had nodded to.

A large bathroom sprawled out in front of me. I was very new and modern, and the slate theme was carried over from the bedroom into this room. The wall with the sinks was again slate tiles. A huge glass shower was in the corner. The back wall was curved and all glass, this time it was looking out over a small lake. The tub was egg shaped and next to the window. On the slate countertop, next to the sinks there were new clothes, a white button up shirt and a pair of jeans. A pair of leather moccasins sat off to the side . Beneath the clothes there were two different options of underwear. One was slutty and made me want to puke. The other was a little bit better. Not what I normally wore, but slightly better than the first. 

My wolf walked back into the bathroom and sat himself down on the bathmat with a great big humpth.

                “Are you tiered big guy?”

                He gave me another humpth and looked at the shower, nodding at me.

“I’m going don’t worry.”

I started to strip. My top and jeans were off, and my wolf made a whining sound. I looked down at him. As soon as I made eye contact with him, he covered his eyes with his pawl as if he were embarrassed. I laughed at him, ruffled his ears and stepped under the wonderful hot water.

The water soothed me and gave me a chance to really think about everything that had happened in the past, was it only, two days. Andrew had taken me and that still had me scared. I had been taken here. Was I to be a hostage, were they going to try to get my father to pay a ransom? The thought was comical. My father was most likely joyful at my disappearance. No one would truly miss me. That thought made my heart tare. There was no one that I was close to my mother’s death and my father’s beatings had made me push anyone who would have cared away. There was no close best friend, there wasn’t a boyfriend. No one. My tears began to mix with the water as I let myself drown in my own self-pity.   

                I got out of the shower, my hair was wet and dipping as I tried to read the letter that had been left on top of the clothes. I read it quickly. All that it asked was that I meet someone, most likely the nurse woman, downstairs a soon as I finished getting ready. I brushed my hair and my teeth with the toiletries that had been left with the letter on top of the clothes. I hurriedly changed into the jeans and the white top, that was made for a man twice my size. When I finished changing my hair was frizzier than imaginable. I pulled it up into a tight neat braid, and headed out the door.