chapter 5

Ryker POV :

Today was the a day that she would change. Tonight was the mating moon. My wolf was ecstatic. He had stayed with her for the whole night. His love for her had increased threefold, and sitting there in at the back seat my love for her had also grown. I was now very much on board with the idea of mating with her. No doubts crossed my mind.

My wolf had followed her into the bathroom, despite my protest, and soon we both felt like peeping toms. Sahara went with it without a care though in h defense she didn't realized that there was a twenty-one year old male inside of the creature that she had come to call her wolf.

We snuck out as soon as she was distracted in the shower. My mother scolded me for running late to lodge we the males would be held until we were allowed out to find our mate in the woods. I made it to the meeting in time. My father made a speech about how your mate would change your life and how you needed to protect her at all times, something that he had told me time and time again.

There were about 30 of us, the largest group ever in one season, an as soon as we were all ther my father called my mother to let her know that it was time for her to let the girls go. We all change into our wolves, letting their minds join us in controlling our body. I was the largest and the leader of the group, and I let out a howl signaling the start of the hunt.

I ran thought the forest quickly, looking for here everywhere that I could. Her sent was nowhere. My wolf quickly came to the idea that maybe she had not come as far out as the others. We moved closer to the pack house, and there we picked up her sent. She had started running parallel to the tree line rather than running into the forest like most of the girls had.

Her sent was easy to track and soon she was within my sight. I broke a few trees to warn her that I was near, but this only made her more fearful. She ran faster and harder. She stepped onto a tree bract that was a sticking up, and my wolf whinnied with sadness when the smell of her blood reached our nose. We backed off and allowed in her to make he own way into the small clearing that I knew was up a head.

Once she was inside the meadow we backed off giving her sometime to cool down. She sat there for a few moments thinking that we were gone and that she was now alone. We slowly made our way into the meadow. At first, she was apprehensive, but she soon realized that it was not some man eating bear coming through the woods to devour her, she calmed down a bit. Then upon realizing that it was her wolf, she became completely relaxed. Her shoulders dropped and her beautiful face morphed into a gorgons smile.

We took another step forward, and her hand reached out to pet may for. We stayed like that for a while, but then the howls from the other males within our pack rang out, and I knew that my time was gone. I had to change her now. I took control over my wolf. He was begging to wait, but I knew that the time was of the essence.  I moved closer into her side making it look like I was wanting to cuddle with her, and then I clamped my jaws down. Guilt raked through me and I ran as fast as I could into the forest. I need to be with her as quickly as possible if I was to keep her from becoming rouge.

I found her there, still in the meadow. She was curled on to her side. Her knees wrapped as close to her body as possible.  She was whimpering in pain; I rushed to her side, pulling her into my arms.

"I'm sorry I know that I hurts but I need you to not black out until its safe. I tell you when you can black out."

She could only nod and it broke my heart. I remembered what it was like going through the agonizing pain, feeling my bones break and my skin rip.

Once she was inside the meadow I backed off giving her sometime to cool down. She sat there for a few moments thinking that I was gone and that she was now alone. I slowly made my way into the meadow. At first, she was apprehensive, but she soon realized that it was not some man eating bear coming through the woods to devour her, she calmed down a bit. Then upon realizing that it was me her wolf, she became completely relaxed. Her shoulders dropped and her beautiful face morphed into a gorgons smile.

We took another step forward, and her hand reached out to pet may for. We stayed like that for a while, but then the howls from the other males within our pack rang out, and I knew that my time was gone. I had to change her now. I took control over my wolf. He was begging to wait, but I knew that the time was of the essence. I moved closer into her side making it look like I was wanting to cuddle with her and then tried to clamp my jaws down just above her hip bone, but before I could she ducted out of the way and ran into the forest.

I smelt her fear in the air.  Guilt raked through me and I ran as fast as I could into the forest. I need to be with her as quickly as possible if I was to keep her from becoming the mate of rouge.

I found her there, still in the meadow. She was curled on to her side. Her knees wrapped as close to her body as possible holding her ankle.  She was whimpering in pain; I rushed to her side.

“I’m sorry that I scared to you I was just trying to make you mine.”

She kicked out at me, “Get away from me you freak!”

“I’m sorry that I have to do this,” I told her before knocking her out.