The Food Of Love part 17

The BIG Eleri and Lucy V Terrie show down will start next chapter so I've done a bit of Xmas fluff before hand.

Part 17

For days Terrie basked joyfully in reflected glory. At School, Peter and the 4 other pupils from the orchestra were called in in front of the school for a round of applause.

Out in the village, people who had barely said more than hello to Mark in the past were now coming up and chatting. Most of them ladies he noted.

It tended to be the same brainless questions. ' However do you think up all that music ?' 'Are you going to write anything else ?' And 'However do you manage to keep all those children under control ?'

( He was tempted to answer the last of these with � I find a whip and chair most effective�. But didn't think this would go down to well).

If Terrie was with him she tended to be entirely ignored but didn't mind.

Mark had worked hard and deserved the recognition even if some of it got on his nerves.

� 'How do I think up all the music ?' I mean please. How Am I supposed to answer that ? �

Terrie giggled. �Actually I'd say a lot of the questions are just a cover up for embarrassment. Can't you see the bosom's heaving under all those jumpers ?� Mark looked perplexed.

� They fancy you darling !� Terrie answered tickling him under the chin. � In fact � She went on playfully I fully expect the Mother's Union and Young Mother's Club to ask you to pose top less for them come the warmer weather �.

And she shrieked as Mark groaned in mock horror and tickled her tummy mercilessly in the street to the total lack of amusement of 2 of Mark's new admirers passing by.

Christmas was now only days away so at least Mark's fame in the village was eclipsed by the festivities.

Mark was taking Terrie and Peter to spend the holiday with Letty and Marjie. And they were being joined by Elsie with Derek and his Teenage Grandson Ian.

Derek had been nervous of asking for Ian to join at rather short notice. His son and daughter in law were having marital problems and hoped a last minute Christmas break in the sun would help.

Ian was to stay with his Granddad therefore which at 14 was not as well received as it might have been.

He hadn't wanted to impose another mouth to feed upon Letty. Until Mark told him how Letty had helped her Mother prepare for Christmas with at least 15 people for years.

� She wouldn't hear of you not bringing Ian�. He told the older man.

� Besides. He and Peter can be company for each other can't they ?�

He had immediately rung his Aunt and told her Derek's dilemma. Putting the phone down he'd put a hand on the other man's shoulder.

� No problem at all. I'll tell Peter he's got company his own age �

******************************

Christmas Eve mid-morning and 2 cars pulled up at Letty and Marjie's house. As the 6 occupants spilled out the 2 teenage boys looked each other over.

� D'like footie ? � Peter asked. � Yeah � Ian answered.

� Man U ?� Peter asked. Ian's face lit up. Peter's face lit up and Peter was asking Terrie if they could go the the Eldercombe playing fields for a kick about.

Terrie smiled at Derek. � Well that's one problem solved lovie �.

Presents were put under the Christmas tree ready for the morning.