TFoL Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Mark checked the  vegetables roasting in the aga,   put on the water for the pasta and checked for the umpteenth time that  the  Cava was in the fridge.

He was pushing 37,  hadn't been a shy young virgin since he and Lynne Prothero  aged 16 had spent  6 weeks of their school summer holidays almost permanently horizontal and he was  nervous.

A tight knot of  primal lust   knotted his insides together and G*d  willing tonight was when it would be relieved.

He was falling in love and after Eleri  it terrified as well as delighted him.

But what if he'd read the signs wrong ?   What if she didn't think going to bed with her son's cello tutor and soon to be Orchestra Maestro  was a good idea ?.............

Terrie  had changed her outfit several times.  Whether outerwear or underwear something had always been wrong.

Too dressy,  too grungy,  too mumsy,  too tarty.   Did she look like she was  trying too hard ?   Not trying enough ?   Did she look  desperate ?

Or coldly disinterested ?  

Her head was spinning.    Finally she settled  for the first underwear she'd tried pale blue lace bought specially from La Senza  in Rutminster. 

If he got as far as seeing those she reasoned,   then there was no point in pretending she was  shy.

On top she wore a flowing denim skirt with a rose pink soft lambs wool  short sleeved sweater.   Her hair was loose and shone from being deep conditioned  and the outfit was finished with  black stockings and black flatties.  She kept her make up light  and walked through a  cloud of  Chanel   'Allure'  before deciding that  this was as ready as she was likely to  get.  Then she was off.

She knew that she  had to tell  Mark about  Max.  She couldn't  share her body with him while holding back  such an important fact.

She'd  never fallen in love before  and now that she  was  doing  she had to try to get it right.

Besides  it would be a  first rate test.   If Mark couldn't handle the  fact that she'd made a  mistake  12  years ago then she had to forget him.

Anyone  who became part of her life had the potential to be part  of  Peter's life too.   And she owed it to her son to be careful.

And so she faced her future...knocking on Mark's door.

There he stood.   In jeans that made his legs reach the sky and a plain white shirt he was sensational.  And his smile as he saw her completed the image.

He   kissed her and she  smelled  Hugo 'Boss'  subtle enough for one to need to be close to detect it.    Mixed with waves of pheremones it almost floored her.

There she stood.   That  sweater emphasising  the generous but not excessive  curve of her breasts.

Her hair gleamed a curtain framing her face.   Those big grey eyes  with pupils dilating and the soft luscious lips painted a  smooth silky rose pink.

He kissed her  and the subtle smell of  Chanel make his head reel.

Terrie watched as  with effortless efficiency he brought to the table plates, a steaming bowl of  pasta with roasted vegetables and  mozzarella,  a bottle of  Cava and 2 glasses. 

“  When you  can lead an orchestra.  It  helps a lot in life”.   He explained cheerfully.

The initial shyness had passed and  their usual  comfortable camaraderie was back as they chatted about their day and what ever else  came up.