Food of Love Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Christmas Eve

4 am and Terrie was gently roused from the arms of Morpheus by Marks amorous kisses and the smells of coffee and porridge.

He climbed back into bed and wriggled close to her before handing out steaming bowls and cups. 

Terrie could recall worse awakenings than this. As they tucked into breakfast she pressed her lips, extra warm from her first sips of coffee onto Marks still unshaven throat.

“ Is all this a clue as to where we're headed per chance ?†she flirted, letting her bare foot rub along his long bare calf. Her hand slid under his t shirt to trail teasingly across his muscular torso.

She was edibly adorable like this, Mark thought. Still drowsy and languid as she was.  

Had he not been about to take her on their early honeymoon, he would have been inclined to say 'to hell with everything' and spend the next few days right here in bed, locked in those welcoming arms.

He contented himself with a coffee and Terrie flavoured kiss. 

“ Good try Miss Gallagher, “ he said. “Close but no coconut. You're wasting your considerable charms this time. You'll just have to be a patient girl and wait until we get there. “

By 6 o clock they were off. Mark put on Classic FM and smiled to see that Terrie was snoozing again. He was glad of it. She needed all the rest she could get before tonight.

They took turns in driving, and as they reached Lancashire Terrie began guessing at possible locations . The Dales ? The Lakes ? Blackpool ? 

Mark just shook his head and smirked. “A couple more hours honey pie and you'll know.“

It was worth the wait to see her face as Inverglen Castle came into view. 

“ Oh Mark,†she gasped reverently. Is that it ? Is that where we're staying ?†

This time he nodded and beamed at her. “Happy Christmas my love. “

Mark parked the car, and then let their cases be taken by a porter as he led Terrie inside. 

He booked them in as Mr and Mrs Chatford.  

“Details shmetails darling,†he whispered to Terrie. We're only lacking the official paper work for a few months for goodness sake.†Then he took her to The Queen's Suite that he'd booked for them.

Terrie wandered around, her eyes wide with wonder. Mark sat on the bed and just drank in the sights and sounds of her joy. 

“A four poster bed ! A 2 tier bathroom. And the views; Oh Mark just look at the views. “

She felt his arms around her. His hands tenderly stroked her belly .  

“I'm sure the views outside are spectacular.†His voice had dropped several tones and his breath felt soft and warm on the skin by her ear. 

“I'm looking forward to exploring the place with you later.†He turned her around so his sweet breath was warm on her throat. 

“But the view I'm interested in at this moment is right here.†

He began to open her shirt buttons dropping kisses in a line downwards in their wake.

“We have plenty of time for a lie down before the evening reception and dinner. Fancy it ?†

Her fingers were tangling in his hair, her eager tongue and lips tussled with his, and his own shirt was persuasively tugged towards the bed, onto which they fell backwards together in a laughing, sighing heap.