Chapter 5

I woke up to the alarm clock going off beside me. I turned it off and practically dragged myself to the bathroom to shower. After I had dressed up and gelled my hair, I walked downstairs to see Connor sipping on a cup of tea reading the paper.

"Good morning," I said and made my way to the refrigerator.

"Oh god. You scared me!" He said almost spilling the tea. "Good morning to you too."

"I've got to go to school. I'm sorry I can't say goodbye. I'll miss you." I said giving him a hug.

"I'll miss you too. I'll see you at Vidcon in a month." He said hugging me back.

"Bye Connor. See you later." I said getting my backpack.

"Bye Hazza." He said.

I walked out of the house and got into my car. I drove to the school and when I'm at my locker, Liam wasn't waiting for me like he usually does. This day is already going bad. I open up my locker and get the things I need for class. When I close it I start walking to my class but don't get far, being pushed up against a locker won't let me.

"Oh look. Marcels here for once. Now tell me. Where were you the last half of the day?" Louis said tightening his grip.

"I-I I left. I-I was at the doctor's?" I said, the words coming out of my mouth sounding more like a question than a statement.

"Oh really? I think you're lying to me. I don't like liars." He said before punching me in the gut repeatedly and once I hit the ground he starts kicking me. When he's done he walks away as nothing had happened.

I stay on the ground. Trying to catch my breath. I probably look pathetic, on the floor. My clothes are probably all ripped up. I look at the ceiling. Is this really what I want? To get beat up just to get a diploma which I probably won't need since I already have enough money to pay anything I want for life. No. I can't quit now. I'm so close and it would be waste to not finish high school now.

~~~

When I get to class, the teacher gives me a disapproving look and goes back to the assignment. I'm currently in my filming class. I like this class because I already know everything about, being both in front and behind, a camera. The class hasn't given me any problems yet.

"Ok. Now that we have everybody here." She says glaring at me. "I can explain the quarterly assignment. You will be assigned a partner that you will have to create a film about. The person being filmed can talk only talk about things that are important to them. If your family is important to you than you'll talk about your family. If your education is important to you than talk about your education. If pants are important to you than go ahead and talk about pants! I think someone actually did that in the past years here. Haha. Well, let's start. Jude and Tony. Tony, you will be the one being filmed." The teacher said. He kept going on and on telling us which one is to be filmed and who is to be filming. Then it was my turn.

"Ok. Last but not least... Louis and..." please don't be me. Please don't be me. "Marcel." Oh, shoot.

"Louis you will be filming. Marcel, you are being filmed." He said. "You guys will have exactly 2 and a half months to finish this project. This film has to be more than 25 minutes long. But feel free to make it longer. You can definitely use your phone to record but that has bad quality and it doesn't have the same effect. If you can use an actual camera please use it but if you don't that's ok. You'll have time to work on it in class for a few weeks but that's it. After the weeks are over you'll have to do it on your own. Good luck." He said before he sat down and that's when the class started going over to their partner. I looked up from my books and saw Louis standing beside my desk looking gorg- wait. No. Nope. I never said anything.