Part 12

A/N Sorry it has been a while, it may be a little rusty as I havent written in months. Hope you enjoy and let me know if you like or hate :)

RECAP

Aimee put down the letter and was shaking; she looked over to her Aunt, confused and unsure what was happening. Her Aunt unclasped a necklace and placed it on her. “You have to be wearing this for the spell to be unbound”

Aimee spoke the words out loud and she could feel the surge of energy passing through every cell of her body, it was building up inside until she felt an outburst of it all.

Everything went black.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I began to come round and attempted to sit up but my vision was blurry and the room was spinning. I felt different; I could actually feel the power and energy running through my body. I was still coming to and I could feel flashes of hot and cold, the floors began to tremble and the wind around me was picking up. I was getting anxious but that just made things worse.

“Aimee, you really need to relax”, Mary warned.

“Relax, you honestly expect me to relax after what I’ve just found out, this can’t be happening to me. What else have I been lied to about?  I spat out accusingly.

Mary looked at me with a soft expression. “Please, you’ve been passed out for a couple of hours now; your body has gone through quite a lot of adjustments. Please take this and have a drink of it” She requested while handing me a glass of water.

As I took hold of the glass, I felt a sudden surge and it froze and slipped from my grasp shattering all over the floor. Mary began to tidy up the mess, reassuring me but I just wanted to cry, scream and run away from this.

“Don’t worry dear, most people get to learn how to control and use their abilities from such a young age. It will take you time to get used to all this but there are people here for you and that’s what Everwood will help you with”

I just glanced at her with a look that warned her not to go any further. My life was over, everything we had been searching for over the last month and all the while I still didn’t believe.  All the seriousness came crashing down on me and without thinking I screamed until my throat was sore which is when I realised the house was shaking.

Mary hooked my arm in hers and helped me up on to a chair. All these thoughts were running around my head, are my real parents still alive? What will my mum and dad think of all of this? And what the hell is Alaspar?

“I am sorry Aimee, I knew this would be hard to handle but I am here to help. I think it is time you found out the truth about Everwood”

“Everwood has been here for many centuries. It used to be a safe house for any magical people like ourselves, there are also many others such as nephilims, werewolves, vampires and more but you will come to learn about each of these. However due to the housing of so many different species we had a few attacks on the safe house. There are evil groups that want to eradicate us but also they gain power from each kill. We believe there are different reasons for why they want to do this but there are certain prophecies that exist which are where you may be involved. This caused the board members, who are the highest rank of our species to decide to change the way it was run and instead turned it into a school. This has allowed us to keep a closer eye on our children throughout their development and has meant that it is not an obvious target any more as we now only house us, elementalists. “

She looked over to see if I was ok and taking all this in, I heard the words but some things just didn’t want to sink in, what are these other species and did my aunt know something about the book I found? Maybe I should tell her or at least tell Isaac. She carried on when I nodded my head to say I was still following.