Part 9

Aimee was wet, cold and couldn’t wait to get into her nice warm house.  Her clothes were clinging to her skin and her umbrella was destroyed. The one benefit to this rain was that it covered the tears that had unfortunately not stopped since Mr Marsden caught her and took her to that strange cell.

Once he had finished telling her some of the things that actually happens in the school and some unbelievable things about herself, all she could do was run. She tried to take in the faces of all the people that walked by, just to keep her mind busy but everything kept going around and around in her head and she couldn’t get it out. She hadn’t even waited for her classes to finish and didn’t even think about telling Dylan she was leaving; she just couldn’t be in that school a moment longer.

Opening the door, an aroma hit her as she stepped inside. She placed her keys into the glass bowl on the table and walked down the hall towards the kitchen; she stopped and looked into the mirror on the wall. Looking at her reflection for at least 3 minutes, in her eyes all she saw was sorrow and betrayal. She forced a smile on her face and walked into the kitchen with assurance.

Mr Marsden had told her that under no circumstances must she tell anyone about their conversation, if she did it could mean her life and the lives of those she loved. It was worrying her, all the responsibility and secrecy and she couldn’t talk to anyone, but surely she could. There was Kian, Paige and Dylan even her Aunt might understand. She was torn between betraying Mr Marsden and betraying herself.

She could smell the food even more as the meal was cooking away, the smell of spices filled the air and to think she had been dreading today and for so many different reasons, looking back it was childish of her to be worrying over a kiss and how Kian and Dylan would act with her.

Aunt Mary was stood in the kitchen preparing the meal, she was so warm and caring and Aimee began to worry if all that was about to end? Did her aunt have any idea about all this mystery or would she disown her if she finds out?

Her Aunt turned and smiled, walking over to Aimee and hugging her so tight she swore she heard a rib crack. She forced a smile while her aunt asked about her day and talked about hers but she was so lost in her own thoughts she didn’t hear what she was saying and Aimee began to debate the idea about speaking to her aunt involving Everwood, she was the headmaster’s friend so surely she would know. She began to smile but trying not to show her worry and was thinking she wouldn’t be alone.

She finished the meal with a large glass of orange juice and wandered the house in silence trying to get used to the emptiness that she already felt. She decided to go to bed and when the morning came she would feel much clearer and know what to do next.

----------------------------------------------------- DREAM ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared in to the sky at the dazzling view of the stars and the full moon. The sky looks so mysterious, and tranquil, but most of all entrancing. It was then that I realised my fate, my reason for existence. I wasn’t destined to be alone. I would do as the oracle had foreseen but I would also save us, not everything has to be down to destiny, surely you had a hand in your own life. I turned to my side and held out my hand to the man next to me, without him this wouldn’t be possible. He was alluring, charismatic and confident. He turned to look at me and the smile he wore made me ache inside. His tousled hair and shimmering eyes made me feel safe. He scooped me into his arms without an ounce of effort like I was as light as a feather. This made me ache so much more knowing what may happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aimee woke and looked over at her clock, it was brightly announcing it was 9:35 and yes, she was late for her class. She was sad that she awoke and what she had felt was all a dream, it felt more real to her than anything else, it was kind of like déjà vu but it hasn’t happened yet.

She shrugged it off and went to the bathroom; showered and brushed her teeth ready for the day ahead. Once Aimee had dried her hair and dressed she left the big lonely house behind.

She decided she was already late so she wouldn’t attend school today. With the circumstances, she believed it was justified. She decided to take a walk into the centre of town through the park. She watched the happy children and parents that were out this morning and the weather was so much nicer than yesterday. You could feel the sun lightly on your face but a small breeze in the air brushed her hair against her face. She was thinking about the dream last night and how exhilarating it felt when she suddenly realised she was now on the floor. Aimee jumped up apologising and brushing the dirt off her coat, when she looked up there he was, so beautiful she could hardly catch her breath. Had she seen him before, he didn’t look familiar and she surely would remember someone so … incredible!

“Hi” the gorgeous man said

She coughed slightly so her voice didn’t come out wrong.

“Erm Hello, I’m sorry I wasn’t watching where I was going”.

He gave a cheeky smile and looked straight into her eyes.

“I can forgive someone as breathtaking as you”.

Did she just hear him right, not possible. He was just being polite, she was frozen and realised she had been staring. She suddenly started walking away trying to hide her embarrassment.

Aimee started mumbling to herself and then felt a small tap on her shoulder. She turned and there he was again, the most incredibly beautiful man she has ever laid her eyes on.  She went weak at the knees just staring into his glowing eyes and those dimples made her feel like she was melting away. She now began to wonder if she was dreaming again.

Then he spoke to her and she hadn’t realised how beautifully composed his voice was too, were there any ends to this man’s magnificence, especially compared to her stupidity and clumsiness that had decided to rear its ugly head whilst meeting the man of her dreams.

“I think you may have dropped this”.

Holding out her phone with such a smile on his face, she went to take it from his hand and he put his other hand on top. I jumped back startled and embarrassed.

“Thank you” Aimee said trying to keep my composure.

She turned around and couldn’t help but think of him while she walked through the rest of the park. Seriously though, 3 guys in 2 weeks! Florida wasn’t as full of hotties as England

She finally got to town without any more accidents with beautiful men. Aimee sat in a café window with a hot latte and stared into the busy morning activity. Admitting to herself that the stranger popped into her head a few times but she shook the thoughts away as they were overshadowed by the mysterious thought pertaining to the academy and the so called discovery of her true existence.

To find out any truths with what Mr Marsden said, she first needed to get that book and complete the set, and then her parents had a lot to answer for.

She placed her hand on the door of the “The Heir of Books” knowing there was no turning back to the pursuit she had been set. No matter the consequences.