Part 5

The rest of the week went by relatively unexcitingly and Kian didn’t try to speak to Aimee, she didn’t know if he was trying to avoid her but it felt like he was. Paige and Aimee went shopping and got something really nice to where to Isabelle’s house party. Aimee likes Paige, she thinks she is lovely and they were becoming good friends. Dylan has still been his amusing cocky self but at least he is talking to Aimee and because Kian hasn’t spoken to Aimee, Dylan is now picking her up tonight to take her to the party.

Aimee sorted out her party clothes and laid them on her bed; she grabbed her joggers and a vest and jumped in the shower. When she was finished in the shower she quickly dried off and threw on her clothes, she sat at her dressing table and applied some make up, she wanted to look nice so she added some bronzer and applied silver and dark grey eye shadow for a smoky effect, she applied her mascara to make her eyelashes long and dark and on her lips she put on a fire red lip-gloss to match her red nails. She did her hair wavy and when she was finished got herself into her dress, it was a strapless sweetheart dress with a cut boned bodice-lined and embellished by black sequins which pinched in at her waist, the bottom was a full taffeta skirt. The dress fitted her form perfectly accentuating her beautiful curves. She slipped on red high heel shoes and was ready for the party.

Aimee’s phone buzzed and when she checked it, it was from Dylan who was now 30 minutes late but the text said he was waiting outside.

Aimee rushed down the stairs and said her goodbyes to her aunt, as she opened the door and stepped outside, she was greeted by Dylan who was dressed in nice jeans and a smart top. In his left hand with his arm outstretched he was holding a beautiful red rose. Aimee smiled and thanked Dylan who bent down to kiss her cheek, she lifted her hand to her cheek and held it in place she took the rose and Dylan escorted her to the passenger side of the door. Aimee’s head was spinning, her heart was pounding and her stomach fluttering; was she falling for Dylan?

Aimee and Dylan pulled up to the drive of Isabelle’s house. There were a group of lads out the front playing rugby with beer bottles strewn over the lawn and sitting around outside there were couples making out, they walked up the path to Isabelle’s house and you could feel the bass of the music. When they got inside it was incredibly hot and humid and they could hear the music getting louder. As they walked through the house Aimee noticed there were a lot of people here from the school. There was a room to the left of the entrance that contained casino style decorations with roulette, black jack and poker tables. There was a kitchen straight ahead where Dylan guided her, as they entered they caught Isabelle’s eye and she suddenly ran over to them. She had a glass of champagne in her hand and seemed slightly tipsy. She was wearing a pink strapless dress that went to her mid thigh and wore large silver shoes; Aimee had to admit she looked amazing. Her hair had been curled and just framed her face perfectly.

Isabelle gave Dylan a grasping hug “Oh my god Dylan I’m so glad you came, there’s food and alcohol, just help yourself”

She looked over to Aimee who had become to feel uncomfortable and anxious but to her surprise she smiled and turned back to Dylan.

“So is this your date then?”

Dylan turned to Aimee and smiled and she began to blush, “Yes she’s my date”

Isabelle seemed relieved at that and turned to Aimee also giving her a hug. They handed her their gifts and made their way outside where the music was coming from. Aimee assumed that it must be The Pearlers that Paige had been talking about, there were people dancing and strobe lights and it had to have been most amazing party Aimee had been to.

All of a sudden Aimee heard her name being screamed, she whipped her head around almost giving herself a crick, and she started laughing when Paige nearly took her out. She jumped onto her screaming about the band, she was so funny. It was then that Aimee saw Kian sulking behind Paige. What was his deal it wasn’t like she kissed him and then never spoke to him all week it should be her that was pissed?