Switch: Friends

So a lot of people have been asking me, "what does human Ragnarok look like?" or "what do the twin world boys look like?" Well your answer is on the cover for this chapter, that's the Twin-World boys. (Yes, I made Ragnarok have the scar and Kid have the stripes in his hair. Both of them are poorly done, but hey, now you know now so sorry I can't really edit pics well on my iPod.) An-ti-whooz, Switch: Friends
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Twin World-

-SOUL'S p.o.v-
"Don't leave," I catch myself muttering half asleep as I begin to wake up from my dreamless sleep. I keep my eyes closed as I stretch my arm out searching for something. I have this strange feeling that something left me....

Maka! Where is she, I think still half asleep as move slightly searching for her as I move my hand around the bed searching for her. She didn't leave did she?!?! I semi-frantically keep searching with my eyes closed, until I feel something warm touch my fingertips. I feel around and realize I'm touching someone's hand. Maka, I think calming down letting my hand travel up to where her shoulder is and letting my hand slide down to her waist pulling her towards me and scooting closer to her.

I shift over, laying my head on her chest with my eyes still closed as I wrap my arms around her small body. I feel her chest slowly rising and falling as she calmly breathes. I can go back to sleep now.

I feel something poke my nose as I begin to drift off again. "Mm," I say annoyed and groggily moving my head as I yawn. I snuggle closer to Maka and I hear giggling. I open my eyes to see Maka looking at me smiling. "Go back to sleep," I mutter closing my eyes again yawning.

"I'm not tired anymore," Maka counters sliding out of my hold. I open my eyes yawning and slightly annoyed as Maka moves me out of my new found comfortable position.

"Where are you going," I ask sitting up yawning looking at Maka as she climbs out of bed.

"I'm hungry," Maka says shrugging, "kitchen, I guess."

I glance up the ceiling reading 5:30 a.m. from my hologram clock. "It's still way too earlier, the maids are still asleep," I say pulling the comforter back over me, closing my eyes and laying back down, "go to sleep til seven, that's when they wake up. You need sleep anyway, doctor said you need rest."

Maka laughs, "I'm going to make breakfast and I can't help it if I'm not sleepy anymore." I open my eyes instantly, oh, I have to see this. Maka can't cook to save her life I think sitting up and peering at her questioningly. "Can you at least take me to the kitchen," Maka asks walking to me and grabbing my hand gently tugging me to come on, "you can come back to bed afterwards."

I stand up from the bed smiling, "sure." I'm not that tired, I think yawning as Maka guides me to the door. This should be interesting, I think as me and Maka walk out of my room and quietly begin to make our way to the kitchen. I like to cook and this could be fun, I think feeling Maka slightly tug on my hand to walk beside her.

-LORD DEATH'S p.o.v-
"You brought the witch to me," I say annoyed as close my book and push it to the side propping myself up on my desk with my elbows. I was hoping I wouldn't have to resort to asking the witch for help in returning Maka to her world, but it seems Spirit is taking matters into his own hands, I think irritated as I intertwine my fingers narrowing my eyes at him.

The witch covers her mouth laughing. "It seems you don't want my help," the frog witch says laughing smugly.

"Well," I say boredly turning my attention to the witch, "we all know, Eruka, your help never comes without a price." Having her help will basically be more grief and misery than necessary, I think yawning. I close my eyes, all the research I've done so far and I've come up with practically nothing. I open my eyes looking at the witch boredly, she is the only who knows anything and everything about this, so I would eventually have to have her help. I guess, Spirit being ignorant and taking matters into his own hands, isn't all that terrible, I suppose...

The witch starts chuckling, "that may be so." She narrows her eyes making a serious face, "but I will be the one to make Maka Albarn meet her demise, just like I made her mother meet her's. However, in order to do so, I need our world's Maka back."

Spirit's eye get cloudy with the mention of his ex-wife. I haven't told him, but she's not just lingering in the UnderWorld waiting on her judgement since she died. She's actually a Soul Decider, meaning she helps me decide who is worthy enough to go to heaven and who deserves to go to hell. She wanted to be able to watch over him and Maka, even after she died, so I decided to give her that occupation. It'd been a shame not to use her talents, while she's still able to be a pawn in the game of life, even if she isn't in the realm of the living any longer. It've been a shame not to use her.

"Very well," I say yawning, "how does one fix this mess?" I lean my head on my hand after taking my mask off. She can not kill Maka Albarn, I think boredly, Maka's mother allowed herself to be killed as repentance and in the hope that her death would bring Spirit and Maka together. When Maka fights with a purpose she surpasses her mother, I think watching the witch, when the inevitable fight does happen the witch will lose and die. I force a yawn glancing at the witch, she underestimates Maka, that will be her downfall.

"We need to find this world's sphere," she says tapping her chin, "I have no idea where it would be however."

"What do mean this world's sphere," Spirit snaps back angrily, "no one from this world did the Alternate World Spell!"

The witch mimes zipping lips and Spirit's lips are magically zipped shut. I chuckle watching amused, Spirit was getting rather noisy. The witch rolls her eyes, "even if only one person did the spell, TWO people were switched. Meaning there is a sphere holding their souls in each of their original worlds." I tap my chin, hm, a sphere holding the Maka's soul in each of their original worlds...so two spheres, in total, interesting. I thought there was only one, how odd. I glance at the book, my research is useless.

"It keeps them partially connected to their original world. The spheres are the bridge between this world and the other world. In order to switch them back, we have to find the one from this world before it gets shattered or broken. Also, both spheres must to be intact for them to be able to switch back," the witch says tapping her chin carefully calculating the course of action that should be taken, "and then after that-"

"Let's go one step at a time," I say boredly intervening. I'm tired of hearing this witch, her voice is rather irritating and the explanation is rather boring and beginning to get rather long. "Find this world's sphere first and then we can discuss the next step," I say boredly leaning my head against my hands. We know enough to start to the process, anymore details would only excess and take away time from locating what we need to find in order to return Maka home. Where do we begin to look for the sphere? She did not specify much about the location or what it looks like. So step one, find the sphere.

"This world's Maka has a dark purple grigori soul, so the sphere we're searching for is a dark purple color," the witch says tapping her chin trying to recall everything important she needs to say.

"Mmm," Spirit mumbles through his zipped mouth, trying to pry it open with his fingers, "mmmm!"

I blink boredly, "any ideas where it could be located?" So it's a dark purple sphere, located where?

The witch shrugs, "I have no idea what-so-ever, I will join the search as well, but I suggest you have Soul and friends search along with us."

I nod, "of course, we need this fixed as soon as possible." Seems as if, Maka will be getting involved in a mission, even though she may not be compatible with Soul or any of her friends. I cover my mouth yawning, this mission is for her benefit and it would be nice to test her skills and strengths to see if she surpasses this world's Maka.

The witch mimes unzipping in the air and Spirit's mouth magically is opened. Spirit rubs his mouth and opens and closes his jaws, trying to get feeling back into his face. "I'll be getting a head start," the witch says turning and walking away.

I lean all the way back in my chair crossing my arms. "Remember what side you're playing for," I say leisurely narrowing my eyes looking at her black polka dotted dress and she casually walks away.

"I play for what benefits me," she calls back not turning around. "Always have," she adds bluntly as she continues walking away until out of sight, "always will."

"Witch Eruka," Spirit huffs after she's out of sight. "Hm, can she really be trusted," Spirit asks rubbing his jaw and peering at me questioningly.

I give Spirit a sideways glance, "for now." I look into the direction she walked off in placing my chin on my interwined fingers, "it's when this all said and done, will we find out what her true motives are." I narrow my eyes, I can tell, she's neglecting to tell us something.... What, is the question?

~Real World~

~Mizune's P.O.V~
I'm glad Eruka is back, I had no idea where she ran off to. I made a promise to her that I'd watch after her. I sigh in relief, looking at Eruka as she sleeps on the guest bed quietly. Now that she's back, I can keep my promise.

I look at the ocean blue colored shiny gem on her necklace. That's pretty, I wonder if the wolf man gave it to her, I think looking at it closely. I see the tiny cracks covering the surface and the swirling colors on the inside of the gem. Hm, I think looking down at it, that's odd.... It almost reminds me of.... Wait a minute....

....Don't tell me.....

~Soul's P.O.V~
I wake up yawning and staring up at the ceiling. Everyone knows Maka is gone..... Even though she is, she must think about us sometime... Does she think of me?... Kid or even Black*Star?... Does she even want to come home?.....

I feel a something snuggle closer to me and mummer something. I look down to see Maka snuggled up to me. The other Maka I think, yawning as I place my hand on her head. Sometimes, I wish you were Maka, just so I can say we are this close and we could be together.

I wonder if you're home sick... You need to stop with the walls though, I think running my fingers through her hair. I lay my head back down staring up the ceiling, I'm pathetic, I miss you but I don't know who to fix this... There has to be something I can do... Today, I start trying to get you home..

~Kid's P.O.V~
I burst through my father's office doors early the next morning. This has to be fixed, there is no way I'm letting this get pushed off anymore!!!! Liz locked me in my room once we got home because I was going to tell my father about this yesterday. She said I was worrying to much and Soul has everything under control. I couldn't even call Dad to tell him, because I have no mirrors in my room!

Liz told me not to worry and go to bed. I was angry at her not letting me tell him sooner, but I guess she is right Soul does have this under control. Some what, I think as I sigh in relief as I shut my Dad's office door. I can tell Dad now and we can fix this mess.

"Father," I say standing before his desk with his chair's back facing me. I hear nothing but snoring. "Father," I yell slightly louder annoyed he's asleep. The snoring seems interrupted then goes back to it's previous constant snoring pattern. I sigh annoyed, "FATHER!!!!"

"Uh, er, oh," my father says waking up. He turns around slowly. "Yes?" He smiles looking at me, "Kiddo, what's up?"

I sigh in annoyance trying to calm down, "this has to do with Maka..."

My father raises an eyebrow curiously, "oh? What about Maka?"

I sigh annoyed and fist my hair with one hand looking at the floor. Maka is different, but what do I say about Medusa.... Do I blantly accuse her? Or do I say there is a possibility Maka has a spell on her. Medusa did do something, but what do I say she did? What did Medusa even do to Maka?... I sigh frustrated, "I don't know how to say this...."

~Lord Death's P.O.V~
I look at Kid as he sighs frustrated, "I don't know how to say this...."

I smile, watching him scratch his head. Hm, is he telling me him and Maka are dating? I look at him approvingly, "what about Maka, son?" He's definitely trying to tell me him and Maka are dating, I think watching him scratch the back of his neck.

"Well," Kid says rubbing his face with his hand like he does when he's frustrated. I smile, he can't say it, I think he's embarrassed. "You're finally telling me Maka is your girlfriend," I question laughing. "I always thought you two were rather close for being just friends," I say grinning and through a smile.

Kid's eyes widen and he blushes angrily, "No!" I make a face, whoops..... He draws his lips into a line, avoiding my eyes and still blushing, "me and Maka are just friends...."

"Oh," I say apologetically, my fault, I misinterpreted what he was saying.

"For now," Kid mumbles quietly before looking back at me, "however, there is a problem with Maka."

"That problem is," I question curiously. Really, Kid and Maka aren't together? They're so compatible and are together as much as they are with their actual partners.... Hm, I think they'll end up together at some point. Then again, I also figured Kid would end up with Liz or Patti by now, so what do I know? I crack a grin after thinking back on how Kid added 'for now' after he said that Maka and him were just friends.

"Medusa," Kid says narrowing his eyes at me, "she did something to Maka."

~Tsubaki's P.O.V~
I huff taking a drink from my apple juice. Maka is okay.... I should be happy........ I think back to Black*Star's face when they promised to fight each other.

....Why?.....

Why does Black*Star always look like that around Maka?.... I sip my apple juice, I shouldn't care, I mean, I have Justin..... I drop my head on the coffee table, I had Justin... I turn my head sideways on the table frowning, I feel confused... Ugh, I hope I feel better by the time Patti's party starts today....

-Twin World-

~Maka's P.O.V.~
Done, I think placing the last strawberry on top of my strawberry shortcake. I take a step back from the counter looking down at the cake I just finished. Looks good, I think wiping my forehead. "Soul," I call grabbing the pink frosting bag as I begin to put of the materials and ingredients up.

I hear nothing but snoring. I turn around to see Soul asleep sitting at the table with his head leaning against it. I shake my head, he's going to wake up sore. I glance at the clock on the oven and read 7:00 a.m. It's still early but he'll probably wake up in a bit, so I won't wake him up.

A ringing breaks the silence in air. I set the pink frosting bag on the table before I frantically look around the room to find the source of the noise. I look around to see a phone ringing on the wall. I run to it and answer quickly, "hello?" Soul stirs slightly but remains asleep. I laugh inside, someone is a heavy sleeper.

"Who is speaking," I hear a faintly familiar voice ask. I turn my head looking start at the wall. I know this voice......

"Maka," I answer back casually. Who's voice is this?

"This is your father," the voice says neutrally.

"Papa," I say in disbelief. He sounds like himself but then he doesn't, if that makes any sense at all.

"Yes," he answers bluntly, "you have a mission today, you, Soul and the rest of you will be looking for a dark purple sphere."

"Why," I question curiously, "where is the purple sphere?"

Papa stays quiet for a bit, "Kid is already on his way to get everyone together so you can start the mission. Since he is the leader, if you have any questions, ask him."

"Alright, we understand," a voice says loudly speaking into the phone from behind me. I jump and turn around to see Soul grinning at me. When did he wake up?! He scared me half to death!!

"Bye then," Papa says before ending the call.

I hang the phone back up on its base and look at Soul unamused, "you scared me!" I punch his shoulder annoyed, "idiot!"

Soul grins amused, forcing a flinch. "'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," he says in a apologetic voice giving me an innocent smile.

I sigh, "I forgive you."

Soul laughs smearing pink frosting on my face. "I know you do," he muses playfully holding the frosting bag. "I know you forgive me for that too," Soul says licking some frosting off his finger.

I wipe the frosting off my face with my hand annoyed, "Soul!"

Soul grins revealing his pointed teeth and for a second, I swear I'm back home.....

"Call it revenge for smearing whip-cream on my face the other day," Soul says smirking, tauntingly, standing directly in front of me placing his hands on my waist bringing me closer to him.

My eyes widen as I push him away gently. ....Soul..... His eyes widen a bit in shock as I gently push him back. My Soul..... For that moment, he was my Soul.....

-CRONA'S p.o.v-
"So we're basically going to be looking everywhere, for what," I question annoyed as Raganork and me walk up to the Evans Mansion door. I don't mind the mission, but it'd be nice to know what we're looking for at least and a vicinity to look for it in! I hear the sound of another car coming down the driveway to see Kid pulling up in his white 2012 Dodge Charger.

Raganork shrugs placing his hands in his pockets, "I don't know. Kid just said that we needed to go to Soul and Maka's and wait for him and everyone else to show up, because we have a search and recover mission," he says watching Kid, Liz and Patti get of the car walking towards them, "ask him in a minute."

"Any sign of the other three," Kid questions boredly walking to us twirling his keys in his fingers.

I yawn, "they're on their way, I think." It's rather earlier to be on a mission right now, it's like 7. I stretch my arms out, nobody has time for missions at 7 in the freaking morning on a Saturday!!!

"They need to-," Kid starts saying annoyed before being interrupted by the revving of an engine. We turn our heads to see Justin approaching on his black and silver sports bike.

Justin stops and climbs off his bike, taking off his helmet looking at us apologetically. "My bad, my bad. I know, I'm late," Justin says hanging the helmet on the handle bar, turning his attention to us. "So we're waiting on Sleeping Beauty and Black*Star," Justin questions yawning.

"Like always," Kid answers annoyed. Ugh, we're always waiting on Tsubaki, I think annoyed looking at Justin as he walks towards us.

Raganarok nods in approval looking at Justin as he stands beside us, "my mustang kicks your bike's ass."

Justin scoffs, "no, my GSXR kicks your 2012 mustang's ass."

Raganarok laughs, "no, your model sucks and it's probably from like 2004."

Justin tosses the keys in the air, catching them with his hand, "my motorcycle is awesome, it's a GSXR 750." Justin leans against the bike, "2013 edition, bee-yotch, suck it."

Raganarok puts his hands in the air, "oooo, your bike is a newer model. So what, my car gets chicks."

Justin laughs, "I get more chicks than you, without a car."

"Owned," I say laughing at Ragnarok. That was a burn, I think watching Raganrok as stands there thinking of a come-back. What's the big deal? Both vehicles are pretty kick ass, I don't see the point in this argument.

"I like the car better," Patti says patting Raganarok on the back. "Girls generally like the bad boy with cool car," she says hopefully, "the black Mustang is nice."

Liz laughs walking on the other side of Justin, "but what girl doesn't like a dude with a motorcycle?"

"The Mustang is better," Patti says slightly annoyed.

"No, the motorcycle is better," Liz counters annoyed.

Patti and Raganarok exchange a glance, "Mustang!!!"

"Motorcycle!!!," Liz and Justin counter back yelling.

Kid grits his teeth annoyed, "QUIET!"

They all pipe down instantly. I laugh, "someone is acting like Soul, aren't they?" Usually Soul is the one to get mad at the yelling and noise and then scream at everyone to shut up. I laugh yawning getting a death glare from Kid. I see headlights coming down the driveway and the sound of a slowing engine. Finally, they show up, I think watching Tsubaki's silver Lamborghini Gallardo park in the driveway. Tsubaki climbs out of the passenger side and walks to us yawning after shutting her door. Black*Star opens his door and climbs out. "Sorry we're late......," Black*Star says shutting his door and walking after her.

~Real World~

~Liz's P.O.V~
I sigh annoyed as I distribute the last of the souls to me and Patti, so we have an even number. Me and Patti each put eight kishin eggs into our clips. I can't believe Kid ditched us earlier.... "Our mission is done," Patti says cheerfully rocking back and forth on her heels giggling. I turn towards the exit and Patti follows beaming brightly.

"Yeah," I answer forcing a smile. I can't believe Kid left this entire mission up to me and Patti.... It wasn't hard and obviously we are competent enough if we completed it by ourselves, but still..... Kid is our meister.... I understand Maka is important, but Patti is important too...... If he misses Patti's party, I won't forgive him. It'd be pretty sad if everyone else shows up and he's not there. I could understand Soul doing something like this or even if he was to miss the party, but not Kid..... Him and Maka are nothing and he needs to realize that.

"Can we go to the ice-cream parlor," Patti questions hopping along side me.

"Yeah, but we'll go home and get dressed to go to the mall and then we'll go, K," I say smiling at her. Maka is important and I hope she gets better soon. But Kid needs to realize we matter.... Patti matters... The world just doesn't revolve around just Maka.

-MAKA'S p.o.v-
I open my eyes to see myself laying in bed alone, staring at a slightly cracked open white door. Instinctively, I get up from the bed and walk to the door. I cautiously grab the handle and pull the door open revealing not but darkness. Where?... I walk into the pitch black room from beyond the door. The door behind me closes, encasing me in the dark. I hear a familiar voice laughing before hearing what sounds like breaking glass.

The floor disappears beneath my feet and I scream falling down into the darkness. I close my eye as I fall frantically grabbing in the air for something to hold on to. I keep screaming as I continue falling.

"Stop it," a voice says giggling directly in front of me. I open my eyes instantly to see another me standing right in front of me. My screaming fades and I look down at my feet to see grass. When did I stop falling? I look back up to see the other me, a blue cloudy sky and the me dressed in a white uniform beaming into my face happily. "I'm you," she says answering the question I was just asking mentally of who are you, "we're the same person."

"How can I get home," I question looking at her anxiously. She must be the Maka from the world I'm in now or something to that effect.

The other me frowns, "to get home, we have to find the spheres...." The what? The other me gestures to the sky. I glance up to see, half the sky, cloudy and a bright blue color like before and where the sun should be an ocean blue sphere and the other half, a dark blue color dotted with stars and where the moon should be, a dark purple sphere. "Each of us has to find the one from the world we're in, yours is the blue one," the other me says smiling pointing to the sunny side. "Even if you find it, you have to become more apart of my world........ The sphere has to practically shatter before we can return home, try fitting in more... The bridge will only open right before it's about to close," the other me says smiling.

"Are you sure," I question hesitantly. How do I know this right? What if that witch is manipulating my dreams?....

"If the sphere shatters before you get it, you'll become apart of my world forever," Maka says stretching her hand out to me. "Find it, become more apart of my world, and that's all you need to remember," she says smiling.

I reach my hand out to hers placing my palm on hers, "how much longer?"

Maka draws her lips back in a line, "wake up now..."

~Medusa's P.O.V~
The sphere, I think annoyed as I stare down at my lab equipment. I've worked and planned for this for so long, I think slamming my fist down on the table top. Eruka had to run off the witch council!!!! I rub my face with my hand angrily, that Mizune Witch will most likely read her mind after she becomes suspicious with her and then she'll tell the Grand Witch what she finds out after probing Eruka's brain!

I grit my teeth angrily, the spell will be reversed then.

.....Wait.......

I start laughing, but wait, you need the person who was swapped for the spell to be completely reversed. I laugh evilly, even if the Grand Witch tries to break the spell, it'll be pointless without Maka present. I smirk, I could just capture and take Maka hostage to get the sphere back. If all else fails, I think grinning, I can always just take her hostage and kill her. A change in plans I think smirking as I walk out my lab, I will take Maka hostage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote/Comment/Fan?

I'll update every week or every two weeks, depending on the amount of free time I have. But I'm working on the next part now. ^_^ ~ja ne & switch ya later, Princess Goth