Strawberries

-Twin World-

-SOUL'S p.o.v-

Maka?

This is odd, for once, I've actually been able to say what I think without being criticized by her. She looks the same but she's acting completely opposite. Instead of pushing me away, she's actually starting to open up to me and pulling me to her. It's a nice change. A bit odd, but still nice.

I walk to my closet, I wonder why she thinks that I used to act like that. From what she said, I really did sound like an asshole, but I'd never do half the things she said I did or do. What she remembers is wrong or mixed up. She only remembers somethings correctly. I wonder how she lost her memory to begin with. Maybe she fell and hit her head? Maybe she did some drugs? No, she wouldn't, well, maybe?

I'm guessing this is a case of dissociative amnesia, that'd make sense. I think it's actually selective amnesia from the dissociative type. Which would make sense about her only partially remembering somethings, but it doesn't explain why she remembers things that didn't happen. Maybe it's because it's what she wanted to happen?

Maybe Maka wanted to be nice? Maybe she's acting how she wishes she was or remembering what she wishes her life was like? It'd make sense, her thinking I'm a Death Scythe and her mother no longer being deceased. But it doesn't make sense with my supposed attitude. She wanted or wants me to act like an asshole?

I pick out another shirt from my closet sighing. I wonder how long her amnesia will last. The timespan can vary from a few hours to days to months or even years. She might not even fully regain her memory ever.

I hope she regains her memory soon. I'm not a Death Scythe, nor do I act remotely close that. She doesn't even remember Justin. I throw my new shirt on my bed and take off the shirt I'm wearing sighing. The others really were worried about her, maybe taking her around them will help her to realize that her memory is just an illusion. Hopefully it might even jog her memory a little.

"You're actually knocking," I hear a voice call from the hallway. Knock? I didn't hear anything. Who is Wes talking to? "What do you need from Soul now Princess?" Princess? She's already done? Maka was going to knock? I don't know what to think about Maka's new personality. She's different, but it's not a bad thing. I don't hate it but I miss the way Maka used to be. It's hard to explain.

The only thing I do know, is she never knocks. She barges in my room unannounced, not that I mind, I don't have anything to hide but it does get annoying. I like my privacy. Her new attitude is the complete opposite of what I'm used to. She used to be sassy, and I hate to say it but she acted like a bitch. But now, in a day, she's managed to change her whole image with me. It's weird.

I've been partnered with her about 2 years now. I've always thought that about her, but I didn't mind it either. But now, like I said in a day, she's changed into sweet and almost innocent? I don't think it's possible to change so quickly. Especially from those extremes, but this whole situation is crazy. Either it's her amnesia or Maka has a personality disorder that I never was aware of.

I like the new Maka, but I want her to remember everything correctly. If making her remember takes away the new Maka, then I guess that's how it'll be. I promised her I'd help her remember, so I intend to keep my promise. If she remembers and stays this way, I'll be fine with that too.

"Well Princess, at loss of words I see." I sigh and walk to the door, why does Wes always mess with Maka? I guess he likes to piss her off. I drop my shirt on the floor, walking to my door and opening it, "wha-"

"Eeep," Maka slightly yelps as she falls backwards. Apparently she'd been standing with her back against the door, my opening it knocked her off balance and sent her backwards.