Short Meeting*

-Twin World-

~Maka's P.O.V~

"Maka," I hear a voice yell from somewhere in the mansion, "where the hell are you?" I pull away from Soul instantly. Who is that? I have a weird feeling. My soul perception is acting up.

Abana walks in the room sighing, "Soul and Maka, you have guests awaiting you in the foyer."

"Yes," Soul says looking away from me to Abana slowly, "we'll go meet them now." I don't like this feeling.

"Very well then," Abana says walking towards the table, "I'll have this mess cleaned up."

Soul nods and walks away, then he stops and looks back at me, "you coming?" It's weird. I've never felt this before. I can't tell if it's because of what almost just happened or what.

I slowly nod and walk after Soul. If whoever that was hadn't called my name, would I have let Soul kiss me? Would I have kissed him back?

Soul and me continue walking to the foyer in silence. And I can't shake that weird feeling. "Maka," I hear a voice yell as we enter the room, "you dumbass!"

I turn into the room and I see three people standing in there and the weird feeling is stronger. Kid, some girl I've never seen before, and Asura?!? I pull Soul down and whisper in his ear, "is Asura the kishin?" Maybe its his soul I'm sensing.

Soul pulls away and looks into my face worried, "no, you really need to get your memory fixed soon." I check my soul perception, Asura's soul still has some traces of madness, but everyone's does. What's this feeling then?

"Maka," Kid yells as he walks towards me. I never heard Kid yell before, other than when it's about symmetry. I back away, he's kind of scary. What's his problem anyway, what the hell I do?

I back up to the wall and Kid is standing right in front of me, "were you trying to get yourself killed?!"

"I, uh," I stammer out. I don't even know what he's talking about.

He narrows his eyes down at me and grabs my chin, "you may not see the potential in yourself, but me and my father see it!"

I jerk my face away, "Soul!" I don't like this new attitude Kid has. I don't ever remember him acting so aggressive towards anyone.

Soul grabs my hand and pulls me towards him, "Kid, calm down. You're scaring her."

"Yes, Kid, please calm down," Asura says furrowing his eyes brows at Kid.

"Like Maka gets scared," Kid says grabbing my shoulders and pulling me back towards him.

Soul glares, "Kid, she has amnesia," he yells pulling me towards him again. Owww, I'm not something to play tug-of-war with!

"What do you mean," Kid asks raising an eyebrow and pulling me back to him.

"She's different," Soul says pulling towards him again, "she lost her memory and she's not the same."

Kid yanks me backwards, so I end up falling slightly. He catches me from behind and peers into my face, "I don't believe it. She's faking."

Why does everyone thing I'm faking? First Wes, now even Kid? If anything, they're the ones faking! They're the ones pretending to be different! I pull away angrily, "believe it asshole."

Soul looks at me with wide eyes. Kid puts his hand on his chin smirking, "I believe it, Maka would never call me an asshole." What's that supposed to mean? "She knew better," Kid says smirking, "she never liked the penalties from doing something I didn't like. She'd never called me an asshole, because she'd know what the consequences would be." I glare at Kid and he puts his hand on my cheek, "but since you do have amnesia, I'll let this one slide."