Chapter 13

To my fabulous and wonderful readers who have patiently waited, here is the next chapter of The Arrangement. To those of you who have asked, yes, I do intend to complete all of the stories I have started on this site, however I must keep my priorities in order. Updates come when the next chapter is complete or I come to a place that makes sense to stop at, as is the case in this piece. I do hope you enjoy!!!! <3 Thank you so much for remaining faithful even when it takes me ages to update. I love you all!!!

p.s. this has not been thoroughly edited, just a heads up!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 13

Several hours later I heard a knock on my door. I looked across from Rory.

"Three guesses," he growled. "I'll go get it." Rory opened the door and I heard he and whoever was there growl a few words to each other before Trent pushed his way past Rory.

"Hey Mikaela," he smiled. "How are you feeling now?"

"Fine," I offered. "Where did you go?"

"I thought you needed a little space. Wanted to give you some time."

"Thanks, I did."

"I see you invited Rory over."

"Yeah, he came to check up on me."

"Alright, well, we should probably start getting ready."

"Ready? What are you doing?"

"Trent got us invited to my mother's." I growled.

"Ouch,"

"My sentiments exactly."

"Smooth move," Rory snorted at Trent. "Why don't you just not go?"

"That will be more trouble than it's worth." I sighed. "He's right though. I've got a lot to do before I head over there. Thanks for coming over Rory."

"I'm always here for you, Kae," Rory pulled me into a hug. "If he tries anything, call me. I can be here as soon as you need me." He whispered then pulled away and glared at Trent.

Those two would have to cut this crap out. I walked Rory to the door. Once it was closed and locked I looked at Trent. He looked different somehow.

"Hey, I got you something." Trent pulled out a rose from his jacket. "I've been thinking about what you said. You're right."

"Wait, what?"

"I said, you were right. I'm going to try to do things the right way for you."

"What does that mean?"

"Mikaela, you aren't like most girls. That's one of the things I like about you. So, I'm going to show you what you really deserve. Okay?"

"I still don't know what that means."

"That's okay. I'm going to show you."

"What are you planning?"

"Now, if I told you that, it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?" Trent smirked. "I'm going to grab a shower." Trent kissed me on the cheek and closed and locked the bathroom door before I could react.

"I hate surprises!" I shouted at the door. "Ugh!" I groaned and went to start getting ready.

That night I saw Mom, Dad, and a very sheepish Katie. She knew I was mad.

"Mikki," Dad gave me a light hug. "How are the ribs?"

"Healing," I smiled. "Thanks for asking."