Chapter 21

Chapter 21

The rest of the day had been wonderful. Damn near magical, which is what really scared me. I didn't believe in magic or fairy tales. Today had been amazing and that was what made me so uncomfortable.

I sighed in my chair and sank as far into the plush leather seat on his jet as I could.

"What are you thinking about?" Trent prodded as he buckled himself in for takeoff.

I shook my head. "Nothing important. Hey Trent, I was thinking, this is different from the one we took back from Vegas isn't it?"

Trent nodded. "This is a four seater, and my personal jet. The one we took from Vegas was my family's jet and comfortably seats twelve."

"Oh," I nodded. Holy crap! How much money did his family have?

"Did you have a good time?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I actually did."

"You sound like you're surprised."

"That's because I am."

Trent chuckled. "Well, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself despite yourself then."

"Thanks Trent."

I heard the engine roar to life and closed my eyes. I squeezed the arm rests and bit my lip and braced for takeoff.

Trent's hand covered mine and he tucked a stray hair behind my ear. I opened my eyes and looked over at him. "Why does flying scare you?"

"Really?" I asked as the plane started moving and I closed my eyes again.

"Really."

I whimpered as the force pressed me back in the seat as we ascended. I heard something click then Trent was kissing me again. My eyes opened for a moment then I let them close back and just enjoyed the sensation.

"Better?" he asked as he pulled away, that boyish grin across his face.

"Shut up," I laughed and shook my head.

"Come on," Trent let me unbuckle myself then led me to the leather couch. "Let's watch a movie."

Trent grabbed a remote and pressed a button. A TV lowered out of a cabinet and I watched in awe. It was like a sci-fi movie and I had to stifle a giggle at the absurd thought. Technology like this existed, I just wasn't privy to it.

"What's so funny?"

I shook my head. "Nothing,"

"Nothing doesn't put that beautiful smile on your face. Tell me."

I shook my head feeling my cheeks flush. "Never mind."

Trent raised an eyebrow but didn't press it. "So what movie do you want to watch?"

I shrugged. "I'm not big on movies. You pick."

"What kind of movie do you want to watch?"

I shrugged again. "I don't know. Something not depressing?"

"Any favorite actors?"

I shrugged. "Not really. Like I said, not a big movie person. I don't even have a TV."

"I'll find something good." Trent put a disk in and sat back down. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me against him before I could protest. "Just stay like this for a while," he whispered to me as he pressed play.

I got bored with the movie and the events of the day were weighing on me. I don't know when exactly I fell asleep but I woke up with my head was in Trent's lap. He was absently playing with my hair as he watched the movie. I saw the last fifteen minutes before the credits started to roll.