Chapter 26

Heads up, there's a little bit of some mature bits near the end. I haven't edited yet, but enjoy my darlings!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 26

Rory still looked sullen, but seemed to be pouting less, Trent, Nick, and Jason seemed to be enjoying themselves. Jason got up and let Meri into the booth and Trent let me slide in next to him. His arm went around my shoulders, but still seemed stiff.

"So, now that you're testing has been approved, what's next?"

I shrugged. "I have to be honest, part of me never expected them to actually let us test."

"And now that they have?"

"I have to figure that out. I have to find people willing to let me test. I have to test on small samples and it's going to require a lot of planning."

"That means, once you start, you won't have much time?"

I shook my head. "No, probably not."

"Well then, we'll have to make a trip to see my parents before then." Trent whispered.

I froze. Crap. "Well, I guess you're right."

Nick perked up. "Great. I can't wait to introduce you Natalie. When are you guys coming out?"

"Well, I need to wait until my team is out of the Gulf. So after the season is over. I guess I can come out for a weekend or something."

"You were right Trent. Her number one priority is work." Nick chuckled.

"Speaking of which," I glanced at my watch. "You guys keep celebrating. I need to get back to the aquarium. I have a ton of things I need to so."

I went to get up, but Trent's arms gripped my waist. "Hold on just a minute," he whispered. "I'll just be a minute." He guided me over to a corner of the bar. "How are you getting back to the aquarium?"

I shrugged. "I'll just get a cab."

"Absolutely not. I'll tell Nicky we're taking you back."

"Trent, it's fine. Enjoy your time with your brother."

"You aren't going in a cab."

"It's really not that far. I could probably walk to be honest."

"Are you kidding me? I'm not having you walking."

"Hey, Mikaela?" Meri was behind us. "I need to get back too, do you need a ride?"

I glanced up at Trent. "Yeah, I do actually. Got a problem with that Trent?" I challenged as I took a step towards to Meri.

Trent's features softened. "No." Trent sighed. "Be safe." Trent gave me a quick kiss. "Call me when you're ready to be picked up tonight."

"Okay." I left with Meri leaving the men to their celebrating and testosterone fest.

"You mentioned someone who might be able to help with my little dilemma?" Meri prodded after a long moment in the car.

"Oh, right! Yeah, have you ever heard of Nikki Kerstone?"

"Who hasn't?"

"Really? Is she that well known?"

"She knows just about everyone who's anyone. Do you know her?"

I nodded. "Yeah, she's been a friend of mine for a while."

"What? Seriously?"

"Yeah, we were roommates in college."