Chapter Thirty Nine

After the awkward breakfast, nagpaalam na si Tristan. I kissed him on the lips in front of my parents. And it wasn't a quick peck on the lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a long deep kiss. He pulled away after a few seconds. Then he looked at my parents, who were both staring at us, with apologetic eyes.

He politely said goodbye to them. Olivia just gave him a nod and Harold didn't even look at him. Umalis na si Tristan. I watched him go with my arms crossed across my chest and smiled. Dad got up from his seat and went out of the room. It was just me and Olivia.

She stayed quiet and just looked at me.

"May gusto ka bang sabihin?" I asked her.

"You know about your father's condition, Miranda. Please don't upset him."  She said softly.

"Hindi ba ako pwedeng magdala ng kaibigan dito?" I asked innocently.

"What you're doing is immoral. You're a married woman. You shouldn't be fooling around with other men. Paano kung malaman ito ng asawa mo?"

"Immoral? Well, isn't that a bit rich coming from you?" I chuckled. She looked away with guilt on her face. "I can easily get away with it. Jason believes all the lies I tell him."

"What if..." She said in a small voice. "What if you get pregnant again?"

 I glower at her. How dare she? How dare she even bring that up? My hand unconciously clenched. I wanted to scream at her but instead I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe to calm myself. "Wala ka nang pakialam doon. Stay out of my business." I said through gritted teeth. 

"I'm sorry." I heard her say.

A week after nang unang sexual encounter namin ni Tristan nagpatingin ako sa doctor. We didn't use protection and I was scared I might be pregnant. The result came out negative. I felt relieved but a little part of me was disappointed. I don't want to get pregnant again because I'm scared of losing another baby. Since then, I started taking birth control pills. I had a feeling that it will happen again and I was right.

I went upstairs and checked my phone to find 3 missed calls from Aiko. I called her back immediately.

Tristan's POV

Seven days. It's been seven days since the last time I've seen Andi and I miss her so bad. What we did was wrong. But if right means losing her then I'd rather be wrong. I really wish I could have done things differently before. Sana humanap ako ng ibang paraan, sana hindi ko na siya ibinalik sa mga magulang niya pero gulong-gulo ang isip ko at nabalot ako ng takot ng mga panahong iyon. And now, she's married to another guy. 

Hindi ko naman matanong si Phoenix tungkol kay Andi dahil galit siya sa akin dahil sa nakita niya noong social event. Sa tuwing makakasalubong ko siya binibigyan niya ako ng matalim na titig. I wanted to explain to him but I know he wouldn't listen. Matagal na kaming magkaibigan ni Phoenix kaya kilala ko siya. Paniniwala niya lang ang gusto niyang paniwalaan.