Bella Elizabeth Sloan

Chapter Four: Bella Elizabeth Sloan

I waited in the nurse's office waiting for her to tell me if she is okay or not. I started to get nervous, so I started straighten out the skirt to my pink ballet uniform and brushed off any dust particles on my pink stockings. I grabbed my pink duffle bag from the right side of the wooden chair I was sitting. I moved thing around until I found I found my shimmery pink lip-gloss. I undid the cap and lightly put some on my lips. Then I took out my small circular mirror to look at my hair.

Everything seems to be in place, my dark brown in a high bun, with a bang stopping at my eyebrows, and two long strands of hair coming down from both sides of my face curled up making it touch my pale chin. I put my mirror and lip-gloss back inside my bag. I then started to look around the nurse’s office; everything seemed to be just boring as ever. The walls painted an egg shall white, the room in the shape of a square, the nurse's desk on the right side of the wall, pictures of other kids filled the left side of the wall, and two windows on both sides of the wall in front of me.

"I wonder what’s taking so long." I asked myself starting to get nervous.

"I hope I didn't break her nose."

"Wait, what was she doing on the floor, it looked like she was having a mental break down."

"Was all that about?"

"You can come in now." The overweight nurse said interrupting my thoughts.

I nodded my head, got up, grabbed my duffle bag, put it on my left shoulder, and walked to the left side of the room. The overweight nurse with the curly brown hair stepped aside so I can go through the door. I twisted the gold doorknob to the right and lightly pushed the door open. I opened the door slowly so I would not wake or disturb her or anything. When I opened the door she was just lying there sleep. I walked passed all the beds just to get to her. I sat on the edge of her bed softly so I would not wake her up. I examined her body; she was wearing a long sleeve turtleneck, long blue jeans with a brown leather belt across her waist, and brown leather boots that go inside the legs of her jeans. Her long black hair lightly curled stopping at the middle of her shoulder.

"I hope she starts feeling ok." I said full of guilt.

I looked at the girl lying in the nursery bed. I could not help but feel responsible for the whole thing. I grabbed her hand once more. Her hand was as cold as dry ice, which made me quickly remove my hand from hers.

"Her hand is so cold, why?" I said to myself.

A sound coming from my pink duffle bag, I reached my hand inside my bag; moving this around to see if I could find the source of the noise. I found the source of the noise; it was my white iPhone playing my favorite song A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton. Apparently, someone was calling; i looked at the caller ID it was my best friend, Clorissa. I pressed my finger on the accept button to allow me to talk to her.

"Hello, Clorissa, what's up?" I asked.

"Where are you? You were supposed to meet us in Ballet Class, remember?" Clorissa said annoyed.

"Oh, I'm sorry Clorissa I totally forgot, please forgive me." I said upset.

"Why didn't you show up?" Clorissa said ignoring my apology.

"I accidently made this girl's nose bleed"

"What, did you punch her?" Clorissa said proudly.

"No, not exactly"

"Hey, Marissa, guess what?" Clorissa said cheerfully.

"No, I didn't punch her!" I said annoyed.