Chapter 1

♡♥

Syracuse, New York

Kehlani has been in New York for 4 years and since her career has taken off, she has been traveling alot. While Kehlani was laying on her bed, she realized she has a photoshoot she has to do in LA. She is very excited about it. She's planning on visiting her hometown, Oakland, afterward. She really misses being there. She misses her friends and family and thinks it's about time to go back and visit.

She started packing her bags. Her flight leaves tomorrow. She's just so thrilled about going back to Oakland. As she was packing, she was visualizing Oakland. Seeing the big tall buildings and all the beautiful houses. She was also looking forward to seeing the glamorous, sparkling water.

After she was done packing, she laid back on her bed and texted her bestfriend Alina.

⇧⇧⇧(Alina)

~Text Messages~

K: Hey Lina!

A: Hey Kels! Wyd.

K: Just packing for the flight tomorrow.

A: I did that last night lol.😉

K: Shutup lmao. Anyway you should come over today and sleep over, so we can go to the airport together tomorrow.

A: Kk I'll be over in 15 minutes. 

K: K.

Kehlani turned on the TV and waited patiently for Alina to arrive. She started watching Fuse TV. She was watching music videos from different artist and singing along to them. After the previous video, Nicki Minaj's The Boys music video started playing. Kehlani has always had love for Nicki Minaj. She always dreamed about meeting her. 

One of her accomplishments was to meet Nicki. As she was having a little concert to herself, the door bell ranged. Kehlani ran down the stairs swiftly. She opened the door and welcomed her fluffy haired friend with a big hug. Alina picked her up and carried her upstairs and threw her on the bed. Kehlani just giggled. 

"Omg I missed you so much Lina. It's like I haven't seen you in forever." Kehlani smiled brightly. She hasn't seen Alina in about 6 months due to her travels all over the country. She wished she could spend time with her bestfriend more like Rihanna does with her bestfriend. That's one of the reasons why she is taking Alina with her to California.

Alina looked at her with a lighthearted, bubbly smile. " Aww I missed you too, Lani!" Alina gave her a big, warm hug. She gave her a little peck on the cheek. They sat there, talking about whats been going on in their lives for the past 6 months. Then Alina asked a question that Kehlani never really spoke about. " So.. Are you dating anybody?" Alina asked innocently. Kehlani never really talked about having relationships with people. She was always private about those things.