16

~Two Weeks Later~

The evidence was taken to the ZPD that day, as well as Mason, and the nightholwer serum was destroyed. The mouse and squirrel were placed into immediate care, and soon were back to normal and were reunited with their families.

Judy was all the way healed this time, and she could finally go back to work with her partner, Nick. But she felt that one thing was missing: their relationship. What was it?

"Well, carrots. It's pretty good that we probably won't have another case like this for a long time," said Nick as they finished filing out the evidence files for the panther.

"Yeah," Judy said, tiredly.

"What's wrong, carrots?" Nick asked.

"Oh, it's nothing," Judy shrugged.

"That's a lie," he scooted his rolly chair over to the bunny, and slid his elbow on the desk next to her.

Judy but her lip, looking straight down at the floor. "I'm just tired," she mumbled.

"Nu uh uh," he smirked, getting closer to her. "That's not true. You've almost slept in for the past couple of days. And you bunnies are never tired."

Judy glared at him, playfully. "You don't know that."

"You're right, but...I know you, so..." He stared at her.

Judy let out a deep sigh. "Nick, I'm fine! Now, leave me alone! Please?" She looked at the fox's hurt face, and almost felt bad, but turned back around to her desk, anyways. "Finish your work," she grumbled.

"No need to be hateful, carrots," Nick said, turning back around to his own desk, and starting his work.

Judy couldn't focus at all. Her thoughts went to Nick. Why can't he just see through me?! Gosh! Fox's are so oblivious! She wanted to shout it out to him. She wanted to run into his arms, and say that she loved him. Maybe even kiss him. But if Nick didn't feel the same way, that was just her fantasy. Wishful thinking. She was stupid to think that something like that could ever work out. Especially in their situation.

Soon, the workday was done, and it was time for the officers to go home.

"Nick," Judy said as they walked down the hallway, and down to the front desk. "Did you finish those files?"

Nick shook his head.

Judy thumped her foot on the ground, angrily. "Why not?!"

"Because, I couldn't focus!" He said.

"Why?! How hard is it to fill out a few papers?! You always do this, Nick!" She yelled. Some of the animals in the ZPD began to watch their argument.

"Carrots, I tried, ok?!" He yelled back, his face becoming firmer.

"That's what you always say! You never finish your work, because you're too "busy" on your phone, or you're too "busy" teasing me, and I'm sick of it!"

"You're fun to tease! Geez, whiskers! Take a joke," he said.

"Stop calling me that! Stop calling me all theses ridiculous nicknames! Why can't you ever take this job seriously?!"