5

"Nick!!!!" Judy cried as the panther ran off.

The bunny immediately got down beside him on her knees. "Nick, please.." She felt tears burn in her eyes.

"Judy..." He said, opening his eyes and looking at her in pain. "You need to get out of these cuffs...I-I don't want you to..."

"To what?" Judy said, anticipating.

"I don't want you to...to...kill me when I tell you I'm not shot!" He sat up.

"WHAT?!!!!" Judy practically screamed. "You're telling me this was all a joke?! I thought you were actually injured!"

"No, Judes, you don't understand! I missed the bullet! I was only doing it so the panther would get away!"

"Why would you want him to escape?! We were trying to catch him! Not help him!"

"Yeah, I know, but since we're cuffed together, that increases our chances of getting hurt. And by us, I mean, you. I don't want you getting hurt, carrots."

"Nick, I..." Judy sighed in frustration, reluctantly giving in to him. "Well, I can see why...you know what? Let's just go tell chief Bogo."

"That was my goal the whole time." Nick smiled as he helped Judy up.

"Dumb fox." She spat out, angrily, as they began to walk to the car so they could drive to the ZPD.

"If you ask me, that was actually pretty sly." He said.

"Oh, shut up!" Judy retorted.

When they arrived at the police station, Clawhauser greeted them with a friendly smile and a wave, as he usually did, but the pair just ignored his greeting.

"Chief Bogo!" Judy knocked on her commander's door.

"Come on in, officer Hopps." He called from inside.

She opened up his door.

The buffalo couldn't help but laugh. "You two are still stuck together?!"

"Well, yeah..." Judy tried not to sound irritated with him. "But chief, on our way to work, we saw a black panther steeling thing out of a gas station! He also had a gun! We tried to catch him, but since we're handcuffed-"

"And I don't want you two trying to go after him, either. I need other officers to do so." He said.

"But chief-" she started.

"No buts, Miss Hopps!" He interrupted.

Judy sighed in defeat, slumping her small shoulders.

Nick drowned when he saw his friend pouting. He then liked back up to the chief. "Um...sir, is there any other way we could get these cuffs off?"

Bogo looked at Nick for what seemed like a long while at him. "Officer Wilde, the others are to be back tonight, so that's when you will get your key."

Neither one nod, and a yessir, Nick and Judy walked out of his office.

Judy sighed as she slumped down on her chair in the office, dragging Nick down on his, which he had placed beside her.

"Hey, don't be so down, carrots." Nick said, trying to lighten the mood.

Judy kept her frown, looking down at her work and trying to ignore the burning tears threatening to fall down her face.